News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phil

Got about 1000 rounds of practice in so far -- also, joined the local gun club so's I can now go shoot anytime I want. Nary a problem with the Shield so far. I'm slowly getting better with my patterns at various distances and working on draw and 1 second or less repeated rounds.
Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Big J

Quote from: Phil on July 19, 2018, 16:26:22 PM
Got about 1000 rounds of practice in so far -- also, joined the local gun club so's I can now go shoot anytime I want. Nary a problem with the Shield so far. I'm slowly getting better with my patterns at various distances and working on draw and 1 second or less repeated rounds.

Nice. Glad the sheild is treating you well.  The mag springs ever loosen up for you?

Phil

A little -- I don't worry about it anymore -- I got an UpLula magloader that works like a charm.

Phil

Today -- draw and shoot as fast as possible. 14 rounds at 30 yards. 12"X18" silhouette target. Not great, but didn't miss body mass. That's farther away than I'll ever need to use the gun.

Big J

Not bad at all for quick fire at 30 yards will a pocket pistol  V:;

Phil

Hey Big J -- Whaddya think? Beretta M9A3.

Big J

Have fondled them and always hearing good things about them. Yankee Marshall on YouTube loves the Beretta 92's and M9's. Good all steel gun. Will last a few lifetimes.

You get bored look up Wilson Combat Brigadier. Talk about a nice looking Beretta.

Nice purchase.

Big J

Put some more rounds thru the P365 today.  No issues, ate everything up.  Think the spring hitting the mags issue has corrected itself for now.  In picture below, you can see the two 10 round mags have wear from the spring in top right corner.  But the wear has not gotten worse.  Ran about 50 rounds through a new 12 rd mag today (mag on the right) and it doesn't have any of that wear on top right corner.  Happy to see that.

I think if anyone wants to buy a P365, they are safe to do so now.  If you buy a P365 with a born on date mid July or later, it will have a new redesigned striker in it.  Have not heard of any of the new strikers breaking.  Wish Sig would do a recall to replace old strikers, but that are just replacing the ones that break. 

Also put some rounds through a newly installed APEX trigger and APEX connector in the G19.  Really liked that.   V:;

Phil

J, I'm glad they made some striker changes and hope your 365 will continue to perform as it should. It's quite a design.
I've gotten comfortable with my Shield 9 for CC and don't feel the need for the 2 or 3 extra rounds, but to each his own.  0:0

Big J

Quote from: Phil on September 12, 2018, 12:15:17 PM
J, I'm glad they made some striker changes and hope your 365 will continue to perform as it should. It's quite a design.
I've gotten comfortable with my Shield 9 for CC and don't feel the need for the 2 or 3 extra rounds, but to each his own.  0:0

Agreed.  Shield has a very nice proven track record of reliability going for it too.  Still miss mine on occasion.  And if you ever wanted, you could slap a +1 or +2 base plate on the mags. 

ryguy

Picked up my P365 a few weeks back, have to take it to the range soon.  Just received a Vedder holster for it.  Nice set up.

Hopefully once this hurricane passes I can shoot it, I was convinced after shooting my buddy's gun to start the search.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Big J

Quote from: ryguy on September 12, 2018, 13:26:46 PM
Picked up my P365 a few weeks back, have to take it to the range soon.  Just received a Vedder holster for it.  Nice set up.

Hopefully once this hurricane passes I can shoot it, I was convinced after shooting my buddy's gun to start the search.

What is your born on date?  Should be on sticker on box. 

I'm contemplating just biting the bullet and getting a Lightning Strike striker to replace original striker just for some peace of mind.

ryguy

28 July build date.

Phil

July 28 -- you should be good, Ryguy. Sig made some needed changes.

Holsters? I got several. The single clip Kydex I use for when I might need to take the whole shebang off and put it on repeatedly --
Concealment Express. Fairly comfortable and hides well.

All day use -- Black Arch Protos-M. The beans. Totally comfortable and pretty much invisible.

ryguy

I'll look into the Black Arch.  I've got a Vedder kydex.  Nice holster.