News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bmadd

Shotguns are what I favor as well. A few at home include a Remington Model 11, Winchester Model 12, an old Ithaca sxs that I can't make out any details on, and a Browning Belguim made Double Automatic.

benben reincarnated

I have a 12 gauge Franchi O/U that my grandfather got as a retirement present, great gun, kicks well.  I do love my Remington Model 1100 for spraying mass amounts of lead into the air though.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I own one good shotgun, and several pieces of shotgun junk.  I bought a Ruger Red Label (fixed chokes =improved and modified) 20 gauge for birds about 25 years ago.  I've not had it out in years; it is a good dove getter. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

sanjuanwormhatch

Hell, I'd buy that gun from you Mudwall if you ever want to depart with it.

Edit: probably a little early to start political debate out of respect for those injured/killed.  We'll talk later.

Big J

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on October 22, 2014, 11:14:49 AM
Hell, I'd buy that gun from you Mudwall if you ever want to depart with it.

Public shooting in Canada.  Aren't they looked at as the shining example of gun control = less violence?  Have they ever had something like this?  Will be curious to see what happens.

I'll be interested too.  There are mixed reports that the Solider that was shot is alive and dead.  Either way, tragic attack.

ruttness

Quote from: troutfanatic on October 22, 2014, 20:11:31 PM
So was the real threat the gun or the individual or his half-assed religion of hate?

i like to point threat in gun violence to shitty parenting and their demoralization of the value of a human life. 10 year olds should not watch or play games depicting the battle on the front lines without first understanding a firearm its rules and the responsibility  of owning an object that can do severe destruction

just my .02

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: ruttness on October 22, 2014, 22:10:40 PM
So was the real threat the gun or the individual or his half-assed religion of hate?

i like to point threat in gun violence to shitty parenting and their demoralization of the value of a human life. 10 year olds should not watch or play games depicting the battle on the front lines without first understanding a firearm its rules and the responsibility  of owning an object that can do severe destruction

just my .02

Hey Red, I believe you are smoking your socks. 

I will agree with you that parenting in many cases should be better, but is this anything new in our (U.S.) brief history? 

Also, I don't think you can demoralize a value, can you?

Just my nickel.     2 cents gets you nothing these days. 

ruttness

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on October 23, 2014, 07:38:11 AM
Quote from: ruttness on October 22, 2014, 22:10:40 PM

just my .02

Hey Red, I believe you are smoking your socks. 

I will agree with you that parenting in many cases should be better, but is this anything new in our (U.S.) brief history? 

Also, I don't think you can demoralize a value, can you?

Just my nickel.     2 cents gets you nothing these days.

this debate could go on for days. but ill toss in a dime to say that before doom kids didnt shoot up schools. yes doom. a shitty game about shooting demons. fast forward to now. call of duty, battlefield name it. game depicting realistic death are endless. with weapons that can and are store bought. theres a maturity rating for a reason. the rich parents that like to throw money at their kids instead of any sort of affection are lessening the value of a life while alienating a child for for necessary  upbringing. hell arisoft is a horrible idea when it come to civilian recreation, lets mimc looks weight and feel of a real gun to break every one of the gun rules that should be but weren't taught to the user 

again it just my opinion but back in the day if some one shot another person they knew damn well what the were doing and would rather catch a shiv in the courtyard than plead insanity for taking innocent lives

benben reincarnated

FYI, gun violence has decreased over the past 20 years.  Fun with numbers...

http://www.bjs.gov/content/pub/pdf/fv9311.pdf

The media chooses what to report, thus bringing attention to gun related violence.  More firearm deaths were occurring in the past, we just didn't have the 24/7 news cycle that feeds on ad revenue. 

This data is a little old as well, but the volume of deaths by firearms is still pretty fucking astronomical here in the U.S.

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/fastats/injury.htm

The Dude

Superimpose the crack epidemic over those numbers and I think you'll see that there is a correlation. 
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

flatlander

...and strip out the black-on-black murders committed from those statistics, and I bet we're in line with other countries.  That's the 800 lb gorilla nobody wants to discuss.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: ruttness on October 24, 2014, 01:29:11 AM
this debate could go on for days. .......... arisoft is a horrible idea when it come to civilian recreation, lets mimc looks weight and feel of a real gun to break every one of the gun rules that should be but weren't taught to the user 

You are correct about one thing. This debate will continue.

I don't blame guns, or video games, or parents (rich or poor), and I certainly don't blame Airsoft.  Heck fire we had battles with BB guns that looked real when I was a kid.  It was surely unwise, but luckily no one lost an eye and not one of those stupid boys has killed anyone.

Don't misunderstand, I am sure I could find someone or something to blame, if I thought about it long enough. 

I thought I saw your handle on another forum; you need to buck-up and join the NRA, if you have not already.

Peace.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on October 24, 2014, 07:47:27 AM
...and strip out the black-on-black murders committed from those statistics, and I bet we're in line with other countries.  That's the 800 lb gorilla nobody wants to discuss.

Why strip out "black-on-black" from the U.S. data?  Are these folks not U.S. citizens?  Not part of the U.S.A.?  That is like deleting the entire state of SC to make those U.S. math and science test scores look better when compared to the rest of the developed world.  Ohhh....., there I go again, poking the great state of SC.  Sorry Dude and other dudes.

Flats, you amaze me sometimes!!  I still love you man!

benben reincarnated

While on the NRA, this commercial popped up on TV the other night, I was watching ABC at the time:

ruttness

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on October 24, 2014, 07:54:38 AM

I thought I saw your handle on another forum; you need to buck-up and join the NRA, if you have not already.

Peace.

You'll find my handle on multiple firearms fourms, I've been a lifetime member of the NRA for almost 10 years now. I still have a couple of unbuilt lowers that were gifts for the Harrisburg dinner a few years back