News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

For the lust of guns

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, October 10, 2014, 12:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

trout-r-us

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 30, 2023, 23:36:16 PMI keep hoping they will eliminate the requirement for CC permits.

I don't think hoping works, as I've been hoping for a repeal of the second amendment for quite some time.
Perhaps thoughts and prayers would be more effective. 🤔
"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

Woolly Bugger

A NC insider reported that gun counter activity was way higher than normal yesterday!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on March 30, 2023, 23:36:16 PMI keep hoping they will eliminate the requirement for CC permits.

Interesting.  I suppose it is an unfair inconvenience to require a permit to adoringly carry one's idol.

I know it is a rhetorical question, but what is this world coming to?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

trout-r-us

Even the Senate prayer leader admits it's not enough.

"No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man."
― Heraclitus

22midge

Onslow it is amazing the number of "kids " that you speak of out on the streets with not only having them but using the guns daily. We have thrown away a generation of Children because it's more important for mom & dad to have the life they want and not take the time to raise the Children. Think of the future when they are running the show.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood 3.0 on March 31, 2023, 11:19:09 AM

Interesting.  I suppose it is an unfair inconvenience to require a permit to adoringly carry one's idol.

I know it is a rhetorical question, but what is this world coming to?

About half of the states in the US have already eliminated the need for a CC permit. NC currently has about 604,737 CC holders. Take the class once, make a one time payment, and make the permit good for as long as the holder meets the requirements to own a hand gun.
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

At hospital, the agony of not being able to help school shooting victims : Shots - Health News

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2023/03/31/1167375561/nashville-school-shooting-vanderbilt-hospital
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Woolly Bugger

A Southern town embraces its AR-15 factory

In tiny Mayodan, N.C., the Ruger plant is a source of jobs, not controversy — a sign of how conservative areas are welcoming an industry increasingly shunned by liberal states.

Kelly Menard had been working the front counter at the Sunrise gas station here for a few months when she began chatting with the man who stopped in every day a little after 5 p.m.

Menard was making $7.25 an hour, and when she learned that her regular customer worked for the Sturm, Ruger & Co. gun manufacturing plant on the outskirts of town, she asked if they were hiring. She was eager for a better-paying job. Ruger was always looking for people, he said. If she wanted to work, he'd put in a good word.

Menard put in an application and got a call the next day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://wapo.st/3G8b7lo
me -There's a season?

Woolly Bugger

THE BLAST EFFECT
This is how bullets from an AR-15 blow the body apart

The scenes of chaos and terror are all too familiar in America.

The AR-15 fires bullets at such a high velocity — often in a barrage of 30 or even 100 in rapid succession — that it can eviscerate multiple people in seconds. A single bullet lands with a shock wave intense enough to blow apart a skull and demolish vital organs. The impact is even more acute on the compact body of a small child.

"It literally can pulverize bones, it can shatter your liver and it can provide this blast effect," said Joseph Sakran, a gunshot survivor who advocates for gun violence prevention and a trauma surgeon at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

During surgery on people shot with high-velocity rounds, he said, body tissue "literally just crumbled into your hands."

The carnage is rarely visible to the public. Crime scene photos are considered too gruesome to publish and often kept confidential. News accounts rely on antiseptic descriptions from law enforcement officials and medical examiners who, in some cases, have said remains were so unrecognizable that they could be identified only through DNA samples.

As Sakran put it: "We often sanitize what is happening."

The Washington Post sought to illustrate the force of the AR-15 and reveal its catastrophic effects.

https://wapo.st/3ZsRYl7

me -There's a season?

trout-r-us

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 01, 2023, 08:11:41 AMA Southern town embraces its AR-15 factory

In tiny Mayodan, N.C., the Ruger plant is a source of jobs, not controversy — a sign of how conservative areas are welcoming an industry increasingly shunned by liberal states.

Kelly Menard had been working the front counter at the Sunrise gas station here for a few months when she began chatting with the man who stopped in every day a little after 5 p.m.

Menard was making $7.25 an hour, and when she learned that her regular customer worked for the Sturm, Ruger & Co. gun manufacturing plant on the outskirts of town, she asked if they were hiring. She was eager for a better-paying job. Ruger was always looking for people, he said. If she wanted to work, he'd put in a good word.

Menard put in an application and got a call the next day.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

https://wapo.st/3G8b7lo

"Ruger was always looking for people, he said."

If they're paying 14 bucks an hour, it ain't no wonder. 😬
― Heraclitus

Al

Quote from: trout-r-us on April 01, 2023, 09:36:34 AM"Ruger was always looking for people, he said."

If they're paying 14 bucks an hour, it ain't no wonder. 😬

I agree 14 bucks isn't a great wage but around here it is a prety good starting wage. It is also double what the person in the story was making - I'm betting if she passed the application process she took the job.

Al