News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

iPhone 6 case? (and yes, I expect to catch shit for this post...)

Started by troutboy_II, September 16, 2014, 16:16:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutboy_II

You young folks always know the best new toy stuff, so what is the best case for an iPhone 6?  I have had Lifeproof before and thought they were solid, but they do not have a case yet for the 6.  Any other suggestions?

TB

When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

benben reincarnated

Al

Quote from: RiverbumCO on September 16, 2014, 17:52:16 PM
Buy a real phone, go Droid..

IMHO Iphone is trying to catch up with Samsung Galaxy 5 and other Android phones. They may catch up but then the others will come up with something new and Apple will end up chasing them (again).

Ya, I know  :o  Apple disciples VS Droid disciples and the two will never agree.

Onslow

Quote from: Al on September 16, 2014, 19:26:03 PM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on September 16, 2014, 17:52:16 PM
Buy a real phone, go Droid..

IMHO Iphone is trying to catch up with Samsung Galaxy 5 and other Android phones. They may catch up but then the others will come up with something new and Apple will end up chasing them (again).

Ya, I know  :o  Apple disciples VS Droid disciples and the two will never agree.

Samsung GIVs is mainly gimmick with nothing special in the way of substance.  Camera sucks hind tit.  My deceased Casio flip phone took much better pics than my GIV.  I'm on my second GIV and this second phone's cam performs more poorly than the first.  Never again. 

I am of the opinion that google's ecosystem is more useful than Apple's.  No prejudices here.

Dougfish

Where does me rocking my Blackberry fall in the evaluation?  n!n

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

What language are you guys using?  And timeworn Al is even in the loop.  What the heck?

I am still using this. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

Samsung Note II user

Prior to Verizon locking down the bootloader,  I would put it up against any phone on the market. The custom rom I ran was liquidsmooth and it was amazing. Over clocking and undervolting gave incredible battery life (2 or more days) and super fast speed. Rooted apps kick ass too. Free wifi tether, ad blocker, custom battery profiles, etc etc. I had an amazing setup until I broke it.

I dropped my phone, broke the screen and did a warranty swap through Best Buy. New (refurbished phone), but came loaded with a completely locked down version of android (4.3) from Verizon. No way to revert back and gain root access. super ghay.

Btw, this is a Verizon issue not a Samsung issue as the exact same phone remains unlocked under different carriers. I loathe Verizon, but their coverage is damn good.

The new Samsung phones are amazing and blow apple products away. I just wish Verizon would stop being such douches.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: wildmttrout on September 16, 2014, 20:11:59 PM
Rooted apps kick ass too. Free wifi tether, ......

....... but came loaded with a completely locked down version of android (4.3) from Verizon. No way to revert back and gain root access. super ghay.

What does that mean?  It makes no sense.  You are just making stuff up.

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Michael Toris

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on September 16, 2014, 20:24:32 PM
Quote from: wildmttrout on September 16, 2014, 20:11:59 PM
Rooted apps kick ass too. Free wifi tether, ......

....... but came loaded with a completely locked down version of android (4.3) from Verizon. No way to revert back and gain root access. super ghay.

What does that mean?  It makes no sense.  You are just making stuff up.

Android is based on the Linux kernel which is a derivative of the UNIX operating system from back in the day. In a Linux system, the normal user does not have access to the "root" user account to prevent the user from making changes to the system which cannot be undone. Think of a root user as an administrator account. It allows a user to gain full access to the entire device.

So by locking the user from gaining root access, Verizon is forcing the consumer to use their version of the phone rather than what the version the user may want. It is saying yes, you own this phone but you cannot use it to its full capacities.

So verizon is basically putting us on the chainwax

Dougfish

I told Verizon where to stick their phones, wires, and systems 15 years ago. Cell and land and business.  n!n
Boycott's are good, boys and girls.

US Cellular all the way. Root (no pun intended) for the little guy.

You scare me WMT. So smart, but.........

benben reincarnated

Michael Toris

Quote from: Dougfish on September 16, 2014, 20:47:17 PM
I told Verizon where to stick their phones, wires, and systems 15 years ago. Cell and land and business.  n!n
Boycott's are good, boys and girls.

US Cellular all the way. Root (no pun intended) for the little guy.

You scare me WMT. So smart, but.........
Fun fact: modern smartphones have more technological power than NASA had when we put a man on the moon.

If you are going to carry around so much power in your pocket, shouldn't you be allowed to use it?

Imma linux man through and through. Fuck windoze and macs. Macs are cool when not running a mac operating system.

I guess I just can't help myself. I will nerd out given the opportunity....

As for a case, maybe one of those cute bedazzled ones would suit the op's taste. make sure it has a "keep calm...." slogan somewhere tho.

bmadd

Since this man got his answer for a case, I will hijack for the betterment of my phone. I've been looking to leave the Apple realm for a while now and my contract is up. I am Verizon based. Trying to decide now between the Galaxy S5, the HTC One M8, or the soon to be released Moto X. Any opinions/horror stories/asshole comments?