Orvis - Not just a place to buy a doggy bed.

Started by Al, September 03, 2014, 20:00:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

I own a Freestone waders.  I bashed a sharp rock and they leaked a little due to this on the second year.  Patch worked fine.  My shin didn't fare as well.

I'm on year #5.  They started leaking again and I believe it may be in the stocking.  Stockings may last another year if I patch them but they are showing signs of stress.  I've enjoyed these waders very much.  Not bad considering I do the bulk of my wanking during the winter months.

Big J, mine were assembled in the US.  I don't think they are anymore.  Do you recall where yours were stitched and glued? 

Michael Toris

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on September 06, 2014, 09:29:54 AM
Not bad considering I do the bulk of my wanking during the winter months.

I have found this to be the case as well

Al

Wanted to follow up on this - I sent a thank you email to Orvis and within the hour received the following reply:

Good morning, Al!

I'm sorry that your waders were consistently leaking, but I'm so glad that we were able to help you by replacing them with new waders.  Hopefully your Silver Sonic Waders will serve you well on your fishing excursions for years to come.

While we do have to acknowledge that waders aren't able to last forever (given the breakdown over time from use in normal wear and tear), we do want to stand behind our products and to help our customers in any way that we can with any situation that is even slightly unsatisfactory.

Thank you so much for your feedback about this situation and, more than that, for your generosity to the awesome Casting for Recovery program.

Please let me know if I can help you with anything else at all.

All my best,
Juliana B.
Orvis Customer Service
customerservice@orvis.com

driver

I will admit. It's hard not to buy a brand again when they offer great customer service. Let us know how those new waders fair.