Smith River TU meeting 9-4-14 (fly tying)

Started by Al, August 29, 2014, 19:47:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Al

Smith River Trout Unlimited will meet at Rania's Restaurant in uptown Martinsville, on Thursday, September 4, 2014 at 6:30 pm. The fly tying will be the theme for the evening. Several of our members will demonstrate how to tie flies which have proven to be fish magnets on the Smith River. You're invited to watch or better yet, bring your vise and tie along.(We will have a few extra vises and material if you do not have your own).  We will go slow and provide plenty of onsite instruction. All flies tied will go into a fly box which will be raffled off at the end of the meeting. Members who are fly tiers are also encouraged bring a few of their Smith River Specials to add to the raffle fly box.

We will also provide reports and updates on recent SRTU events, i.e. Group trip to Grayson Highlands, Fish with a Friend, River Clean Up, Smith River Fest and DGIF Sampling.

For additional information  contact Chapter President Shane Pinkston, (276) 732-5090 or Chapter VP Al Kittredge, (910)868-6235

Woolly Bugger

I drove on up to the meeting to meet the old gang. I walked it and they hit me up for some raffle tickets, bought 3 for $5 and then sat down for dinner while Al tied up few of his famous Allieworms and some zebra midges too. After dinner they got read for the drawing and Scott asked me to pick out a ticket from the bag. I tried to decline saying that I had a vested interested, but he insisted. I reached down into the bag and picked out a ticket. Low and be hold I picked out my own ticket! <-;:

[attach=1]

I'll bet they never ask me to do that again!

-0-  -0-  -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0- -0-
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!