Blue Ridge TU )Winston Salem) Banquet

Started by Woolly Bugger, August 21, 2014, 21:02:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

Please mark your calendar now:  November 1st, for your TU Conservation Banquet.  It will be held at the new Elks Club on Griffith Road beginning at 5:30 that Saturday.  You will receive the official "Ticket Request Form" near the end of next month.

Your banquet planning committee is currently scouting for prizes.  If you have access to anything that would make a good prize at a discount price (or free), please let me know. (See my phone number & email address below.)  For example, you may have a second home that you could offer for a week or weekend to prize winners, or you may get a hefty employee discount wherever you work. And please don't forget to ask your friends too! We are looking for non-fishing-oriented items in addition to fishing themed items, as we are hoping people will bring their non-fishing spouses and friends along for an enjoyable evening of food, fellowship and........fun!   

Also; the Fall Balsam Lake Lodge Fishing Weekend is scheduled for October 10-12.  Any TU member who wishes to go on the Balsam trip please email Ron Zambor at rzambor@triad.rr.com to let him know you want to attend.  As we get closer to the trip weekend, Ron will assign food and supply items for each one to bring.  There are 14 beds available at the lodge with room for additional sleeping bags or cots if more people want to participate.  If you haven't been to Balsam, I highly recommend it.  There are a ton of pristine fishable streams within 30-45 minutes of it.  In the evening, tell your fish tales by the blazing fire and grill pit while you await a wonderful dinner.  There is a small fee to stay at the lodge, depending on how many people go... usually only $25-$40 each....Yes, that IS for the entire 3-day weekend! 

Sure hope we see you ALL at the banquet!
    Jayne Sommer, President

Blue Ridge Trout Unlimited
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Traveller2926

Does anyone know if there will there be a 2015 Annual Banquet?
The best life has the fewest spectators! Who is John Galt?  John Galt 2020

Woolly Bugger

Have not heard or seen anything in this yet.

Best to check with them directly

Http://www.blueridgetu.org
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Traveller2926

Thanks, Appreciate it.  I have and will continue to do so.
The best life has the fewest spectators! Who is John Galt?  John Galt 2020

Woolly Bugger

me -There's a season?