• Welcome to Pretentious Snobby Bastard Fly Fishing!. Please login or sign up.
November 30, 2021, 07:43:14 AM

News:

As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

trout fishing

Started by benben, July 26, 2014, 21:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Summertime trout fishing is sooo slow.

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="561" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="600" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="552" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="595" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="600" height="800" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

hot hopper action

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="638" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

Dougfish

Brother, there is a lot more water in that stream than the ones I'm looking at up here!

You got out, good for you.  'c;

Sleepytrout

If fishing is religion, then flyfishing is high church.-- Tom Brokaw

creekfreak

Nice native, beautiful colors. At least both of you can get out there on a stream. I'm stuck in this god forsaken place. Getting very tired of all these Ohio Republicans....

Guinness! Good God!

creekfreak

I seem to remember that RR track from a picture last year... same stream?

Guinness! Good God!

benben reincarnated

Quote from: creekfreak on July 27, 2014, 08:13:49 AM

I seem to remember that RR track from a picture last year... same stream?

This was my third time fishing this stream.  I went back and looked on one of the prior trips here, I did snap a photo of a RR track, but looking at the pic, it is a different track.  There are RR tracks on just about every stream around here.
Quote from: Dougfish on July 27, 2014, 07:20:52 AM

Brother, there is a lot more water in that stream than the ones I'm looking at up here!
You got out, good for you.  'c;

Yeah man we got a good soaking rain recently then some more showers in the past few days.   /'/

The Dude

July 27, 2014, 10:28:46 AM #8 Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 08:48:18 AM by The Dude

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="720" height="960" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="769" height="960" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="480" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="743" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="534" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="475" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="663" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

" class="fancybox" data-fancybox="topic">" title="" alt="" width="800" height="563" class="bbc_img" loading="lazy">

I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

Summer slam. Very nice!

The Dude

Quote from: Dougfish on July 27, 2014, 11:52:06 AM

Summer slam. Very nice!

Thanks.  It was a minor high point in an otherwise ordinary kind of trip.  Numbers were off the charts, but no fish of any size came to the party.  The biggest fish I saw all day was ~10", but I missed the hookset.  We fished most of the bigger holes when the fishing was off.  There was about a 45 minute span when they turned on like crazy.  I would like to have fished those holes during that time to have a go at a few of the bigger fish that I know lurk at the bottom, but spring and fall would be the smart times to plan a trip back that way if I want to increase my odds for those larger inhabitants.

I was born by the river in a little tent,<br />And just like the river I've been running ever since,<br />It's been a long, long time coming,<br />But I know change is gonna come.

creekfreak

That a golden stone in your hand?

Guinness! Good God!

#CommissionsEarned