Main Menu

trout fishing

Started by benben, July 26, 2014, 20:55:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benben reincarnated

Summertime trout fishing is sooo slow.

hot hopper action

Dougfish

Brother, there is a lot more water in that stream than the ones I'm looking at up here!
You got out, good for you.  'c;

Sleepytrout

If fishing is religion, then flyfishing is high church.-- Tom Brokaw

creekfreak

Nice native, beautiful colors. At least both of you can get out there on a stream. I'm stuck in this god forsaken place. Getting very tired of all these Ohio Republicans....
Guinness! Good God!

creekfreak

I seem to remember that RR track from a picture last year... same stream?
Guinness! Good God!

benben reincarnated

Quote from: creekfreak on July 27, 2014, 07:13:49 AM
I seem to remember that RR track from a picture last year... same stream?

This was my third time fishing this stream.  I went back and looked on one of the prior trips here, I did snap a photo of a RR track, but looking at the pic, it is a different track.  There are RR tracks on just about every stream around here. 

Quote from: Dougfish on July 27, 2014, 06:20:52 AM
Brother, there is a lot more water in that stream than the ones I'm looking at up here!
You got out, good for you.  'c;

Yeah man we got a good soaking rain recently then some more showers in the past few days.   /'/

Dougfish

First stream yesterday. Can you see the water?

Second. "Big" stream. Ugh.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Dougfish on July 27, 2014, 08:35:22 AM
First stream yesterday. Can you see the water?

Second. "Big" stream. Ugh.

Damn.  That's rough.

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Dougfish

Summer slam. Very nice!

The Dude

Quote from: Dougfish on July 27, 2014, 10:52:06 AM
Summer slam. Very nice!

Thanks.  It was a minor high point in an otherwise ordinary kind of trip.  Numbers were off the charts, but no fish of any size came to the party.  The biggest fish I saw all day was ~10", but I missed the hookset.  We fished most of the bigger holes when the fishing was off.  There was about a 45 minute span when they turned on like crazy.  I would like to have fished those holes during that time to have a go at a few of the bigger fish that I know lurk at the bottom, but spring and fall would be the smart times to plan a trip back that way if I want to increase my odds for those larger inhabitants.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

creekfreak

That a golden stone in your hand?
Guinness! Good God!