Reddington Butterstick?

Started by troutfanatic, August 14, 2014, 19:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

troutfanatic

does anyone own one?

is it good on bread and biscuits? d:b

Okay seriously now, I see them on ebay and websites for sale. I have not had one in hand though. 249.00 average price. I own two other Reddington rods and I don't think I paid more than 100 for either.

I ask because I am considering buying one if I don't build something else (probably on a Lamiglass blank). I am on a fiberglass kick lately. I cast lousy due to a shoulder injury and have been a devout St Croix user for many years since that injury. for some odd reason, I decided to go retro a few weeks back and break out the fiberglass. My first fly rod was fiberglass and I still have it. It is an old cortland 7 wt, 8'. I also have an old Horrocks 8/9wt (unk) 9'. I want something for smaller water 6-7' and 3-4 wt.

I read reviews and most are good. seeking some opinions here.

Dougfish

Never tried the Butterstick. Went right for the Echo Glass 3 wt. Have been tickled with it. Cork could be nicer. $199.

snagaluffaguss

They all cast different. Demo before you buy and insist on the one you lawn cast.  Also the price is too high. It's a 75-100 rod at best.  Wait till they go on clearance. If they are on eBay already not a good sign they just came out this year.  Blah blah blah and so on.

snagaluffaguss

The CT is worth every penny by the way. I don't own one but every one I've cast I've been impressed with I'll give Redinton their due

bmadd

I have not tried the Buttersticks but hear they are quick for glass. Would be very different from the Lami. Had 7' 3 and it was a nice stick for small water. Probably would have been more to my liking with a 2 wt.

I would wait a little longer. Word is Cabelas will be reintroducing thier CGR lineup of glass fly rods.
http://fiberglassflyrodders.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=15602&start=160

Dougfish

Quote from: Dougfish on August 14, 2014, 23:06:50 PM
Never tried the Butterstick. Went right for the Echo Glass 3 wt. Have been tickled with it. Cork could be nicer. $199.

Live action, today.

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Stone-Man

T Fanatic
I say stick with the St Croix. A glass rod will not improve your accuracy ,nor will it make your injury better. In small stream fishing, a soft rod does not help with the roll cast  -- It is a detriment. Most of your small creek fishing will be a roll cast or a water haul. No "soft " rod ever out casted a fast action rod on a water haul. St Croix "Legend" series rods are as good as it gets

JT