Mystery Trip....Guess Where

Started by twinbridges, July 06, 2014, 19:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

and some fried chicken and some 3 inch thick pork chops

OldDominionAngler

Middle Fork Salmon.  You suck!

twinbridges

we have ourselves a WINNER!!! THUNDEROUS APPLAUSE FOR OLD DOMINION ANGLER. 

Forget Christmas Island....this is the ONE!   Most amazing river I have ever seen and the whole deal with Solitude River Trips is amazing.  This river will bust your ass if you are not really good on the sticks.  A raft works if you can get a permit.  Odds they say are 1 in 20 or so.  That being said using hand built wood drift boats is the ticket.  I saw these boats do some amazing moves with some guys who row themjust know how to get it done and love it!

You can have 60-70 cutt days on dry flies.  If you get it to the spot they will eat it.  Fun fun fishing.  They are not lunkers by any stretch (16" is a good fish) but to watch them come to the fly, move around it, jump over it and then eat it is amazing.   

Will give a fuller report later.  And wives who fish or don't  are welcome and will have a blast.  This is indeed the trip of a lifetime. 

TheYiman

Sweet!  y;

More about the Bulls, please...

twinbridges

Well the bull trout were a bit on the small size, maybe 16 inches or so but pretty sporty. Not those monsters in other rivers. 

The most amazing thing is there are steelhead in the river in the fall, maybe 900 plus miles from the ocean!

flatlander

Quote from: twinbridges on July 13, 2014, 09:45:07 AM
Well the bull trout were a bit on the small size, maybe 16 inches or so but pretty sporty. Not those monsters in other rivers. 

The most amazing thing is there are steelhead in the river in the fall, maybe 900 plus miles from the ocean!

There's a capture station somewhere up on the Salmon (can't remember where), where Idaho Fisheries collects salmon that make it that far.  They harvest the milt and roe, breed the frye, and release them back into the river.  It is a remarkable sight to see the big chinooks up there who have travelled 1000 miles inland through the Columbia drainage.

Transylwader

Quote from: twinbridges on July 07, 2014, 14:02:28 PM
Forget Christmas Island....this is the ONE!   
I am a slut for salt, so I am looking fwd to Xmas Islandage TR. That river however is insanely beautiful 8)

sanjuanwormhatch

Have always wanted to do that one.