News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

townsend Tenn.

Started by rivetlber, April 05, 2006, 15:58:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rivetlber

Guys

I just bought a Lowrance iFINDERĀ® H20 Handheld GPS. I will be heading over to Townsend Tenn. on the 17th. I am going to stop in at the Little River Outfitters fly shop. I am sure they will steer me to fish. But I was looking for just general advise on where to start looking to spend a couple of days wetting my line. I might head over to Cherokee also but I wanted to stay around the Townsend area. nothing big. I appreciate the help. I dont care if it's crowded or stockers just a place where I MIGHT be alone and have some fun.

pmike

Townsend is one of the nicest areas near the park. You can drive over towards Pigeon Forge on Wears Valley Rd and take a right on Lyon Springs Rd which will take you into Metcalf Bottoms. It is quicker to go this way than it is to drive back that way on Little River Rd. From Metcalf you can go right to fish along Little river Rd or take a left to do the same and head over toward Elkmont.

From Townsend you can also drive toward the park through the Townsend entrance and take a right at the Y. After turning right you will soon come to the drive into Treemont on the left hand side. There is a sign that tells you where it is and that refers to Smoky Mtn Institute which is there also. You could continue on Little River Rd past Treemont and go to Cades Cove. Abram's Creek Trailhead allows you to park near the creek and you can hike toward the falls however far you'd like then down to the river for some pretty good fishing.

Mike