As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Room for one more?

Started by JMiller, June 10, 2014, 10:45:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JMiller

Thanks for the kind words y'all. As to the specific questions:

Quote from: Dougfish on June 10, 2014, 13:23:13 PM
Hell, you could be Jfey's brother. Pull up a cooler.

No idea who that is, but he sounds like one handsome, fish catchin' motha.

Quote from: Transylwader on June 10, 2014, 15:39:21 PM
What flavor meth is your favorite?

Pumpernickel.

Quote from: benben on June 10, 2014, 17:03:40 PM
How you like that echo rod?

Just fine. It's a beast of a rod and weighs a lot. I bought it used for $100 and it hasn't broken on me yet so I'm not complaining.

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on June 10, 2014, 20:07:07 PM
I would be delighted if you would expand on your Flathead on the long rod experience.  Deviant minds would like more info.

Sure. Kind of a funny story actually. I was out in west tn fishing a small lake where I had heard through the grapevine that a potential state record LM bass had been shocked up. When that thing hit my deceiver out from under a blowdown in 4 feet of water I was pretty sure I had hooked that monster bass. That damn fish proceeded to drag me around the lake for the next 10 minutes in the float tube. All these redneck dudes and their kids crappie fishing in a pontoon boat were cheering me on. After it didn't jump for a while I kind of figured it wasn't a bass, but I wasn't disappointed when I landed it. Any time you get something that big on a fly rod it's a good day.

"The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence."

― Charles Bukowski

Jfey

Quote from: RiverbumCO on June 10, 2014, 13:44:20 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on June 10, 2014, 13:23:13 PM
Hell, you could be Jfey's brother. Pull up a cooler.

when was the last time you saw a picture of Jeff holding a fish?

Meh, needs more hands and eyebrows.

That hurts Brucey.  Hoping to resolve that issue the next couple of weekends.     

Nice intro, btw.
Yup, going fishing

benben reincarnated

Quote from: JMiller on June 11, 2014, 20:17:15 PM

Quote from: benben on June 10, 2014, 17:03:40 PM
How you like that echo rod?

Just fine. It's a beast of a rod and weighs a lot. I bought it used for $100 and it hasn't broken on me yet so I'm not complaining.

If it does break, send it back.  I've broken my 3 wt bluelining 3 times now, it was fixed and sent back to me within 2 to 3 weeks each time.