News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

East Slope SNP (VA)

Started by Trout Chaser, May 31, 2014, 14:35:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Chaser

Met a friend from NC on his way up here on Tuesday prior to us attending a meeting in DC starting Wednesday.  We planned to meet late morning and fish a East Slope stream.  While waiting for him to arrive I fished the Robinson down low and managed one smallmouth and two bream.  Fun times on my 6' 2wt Bamboo Rod.  Despite a little miscommunication on where we were meeting we managed to meet up around 11:00.  We decided to fish the Rose.  The recent rains really had the water levels at an ideal level.  I didn't check the temp but it sure felt cool while wading.  Brookies were cooperative and rose to dries most of the day.  I used a dropper for little while but we both mostly fished dries. Adams, EHC & my Orange Parachutes were the main fish catchers.  All told 25 + were brought to hand no monsters but still fun.   We fished far later than we should have as we hiked back out in the darkness.  Wife wasn't too happy as some pretty strong thunderstorms rolled thru Culpeper and she had expected us about 5 hours earlier but they missed us on the stream. There's still time to fish for trout in SNP before the dog days of summer drop the water levels and raise the temps.  Here's a couple pictures.

OldDominionAngler

Good stuff TC, I need to get down there soon.

Transylwader

Man, it feels like it has been a lifetime since I have fished SNP. Miss that place...