News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

orvis 6wt.

Started by josh 10, May 23, 2014, 14:42:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raz

josh i hope you arent taking private messages for this sale.  its just not good class.  all sales are open to fair bids.  there are rules
we live in a society!

Big J

Once Doug finds out it's vintage and Orvis, I'm sure he'll be pming Josh for an under the table deal. 

Jfey

No way Doug is getting this deal.  He already screwed me out of several reels.

I don't have the cash to match the previous offers, but I found this painting in my grandparents attic.   I would be willing to part with it if you include orange backing(no use for the white!) on the reel.   

I'm not much of a painting guy, so I am not sure what it is worth, but it appears old.  Sorry, there was not a frame when I found it.  I did see a frame last night at Wal-Mart that could fit if its a deal-breaker for you.

Yup, going fishing

raz

natureboy

Quote from: raz on May 28, 2014, 12:27:21 PM
josh i hope you arent taking private messages for this sale.  its just not good class.  all sales are open to fair bids.  there are rules
we live in a society!

Jfey

Quote from: raz on May 28, 2014, 12:52:26 PM
photoshopped.

Possibly, but it is signed.  I can't read it well but looks like someone name Devin Ci.  I couldn't find anything about Mr Ci on the internet, so its probably not worth much.

In the spirit of this post, I will also put this up for auction should Josh not be interested.

Does anyone know the moderator of this message board?  We should start an Auction section to this forum.
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Quote from: Jfey on May 28, 2014, 13:29:29 PM

Possibly, but it is signed.  I can't read it well but looks like someone name Devin Ci.  I couldn't find anything about Mr Ci on the internet, so its probably not worth much.

I think Devin Ci makes bikes.

http://www.devinci.com/home.html

Michael Toris

Didn't a ninja turtle paint that?

Beetle

ATTENTION:
I am Mr samull beetle, Foreign Remmitance Director of DIAMOND of BANK Africa. in the capital city of cotonou de Benin republic.
This is a very confidential proposition for you. On May 1, 2013, a Brazilian Oil consultant/contractor with the Benenoise Solid Minerals Corporation, Mr.Mauricio Jose De Matos made a numbered time (Fixed) Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued at US$8,000,000.00 (Eight Million Dollars only) in my branch.
Upon maturity on November 20th 2013 as his Credit Officer, I sent a routine notification to his forwarding address but got no reply. After a month, we sent a reminder and finally i discovered from his contract employers, the Benenoise Solid Minerals Corporation that Mr.Mauricio Jose De Matos died on an Air Crash.
Further investigations,and all attempts to trace his next of kin was fruitless. Again,I made further investigation and discovered that Mr.Matos did not declare any kin or relations in all his official documents, including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my Bank.
This sum of US$8,000,000.00 is still sitting in my Bank  No one will ever come forward to claim it. According to the International Banking ethics,codes and Laws, at the expiration of 2(Two) years, the money will revert to the ownership of the Benin Government if nobody applies to claim the fund.
Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr.Mauricio Jose De Matos. This is simple, I will like you to respond immediately with your full names and address so that we will prepare the necessary documents and affidavits that will put you in place as the next of kin. A bank account in any part of the world that you will provide will then facilitate the transfer of this money to you as the beneficiary/next of kin. The money will be paid into your account for us to share in the ratio of 70% for me and some of my colleagues who are aware of this transaction and 25% for you and 5% for Expenses Incurred in the course of the transaction
There is no risk at all as all the paperwork for this transaction will be done by my colleagues and with my position as the Foreign Remmitance Director guarantees the successful execution of this transaction.
Upon your response, I shall then provide you with more details and relevant documents that will help you understand the transaction. Please send me your confidential telephone and fax numbers for easy communication. You should observe utmost confidentiality, and be rest assured that this transaction would be most profitable for both of us because I shall require your assistance to invest my share in your country.
Awaiting your urgent reply.
Thanks and regards.
Samull Beetle

Michael Toris

Can I get in on that beetle?

benben reincarnated

Mr. Matos is my cousin Beetle, that money is MINE.

Beetle

Quote from: benben on May 28, 2014, 14:23:28 PM

So sorry for your loss Ben.   How many others perished in the "Air Crash"? 

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Beetle on May 28, 2014, 14:36:19 PM
Quote from: benben on May 28, 2014, 14:23:28 PM

So sorry for your loss Ben.   How many others perished in the "Air Crash"?

Tough to say, there was some cannibalization going on after the Air Crash survivors were stranded.  My cousin must have been the last survivor, strong blood lines, because his body was intact.

Jfey

Josh?  We really need you to weigh in on this bid auction.   

Also, I've been reading reviews on Orvis fly poles.   It appears that some of them have been mis-marked throughout the years.  Since you claim your to by an 8 footer, I am wondering if you can take a picture of it in a house with an 8 foot ceiling(verified of course") or next to a basketball rim(10 ft) in order to get a better idea of actual length.

Hoping to get this wrapped up.  Also, I have put my picture on another site and I have already received a bid of $100 so you can see it is quite valuable.

Ben, sorry for your loss.  Hope you and Mr Beetle can get the money figured out. 
Yup, going fishing

JWJ

I'm beginning to think this is a haux. I really got my hopes up.