News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Jail time for the truth?

Started by Michael Toris, May 22, 2014, 16:57:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

Quote from: troutfanatic on May 24, 2014, 22:38:37 PM
agreed Aaron. But I am not the ones here plugging science as a pure truth. Seems to be a millennial thing based on the shit I read on facebook.

I blame it on Bill nye and Sid the science kid, that little fucker!

Trout Maharishi

I though we were talking about sandwiches? OK, I'll play along, solar is the answer! We can get that Selenda company to put in a bunch of panels and batteries. oh wait, that's right. There was some kind of mix up there. :o
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Aka

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on May 24, 2014, 22:49:39 PM
I though we were talking about sandwiches? OK, I'll play along, solar is the answer! We can get that Selenda company to put in a bunch of panels and batteries. oh wait, that's right. There was some kind of mix up there. :o

If Solyndra had been an Exxon mobile subsidiary it wouldn't have been such a shit sandwich.

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: AK Aaron on May 24, 2014, 22:56:31 PM

If Solyndra had been an Exxon mobile subsidiary it wouldn't have been such a shit sandwich.

I knew that smell was familiar :D Plus, now you are smart enough to know there was more to it than that.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Aka

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on May 24, 2014, 23:10:01 PM
Quote from: AK Aaron on May 24, 2014, 22:56:31 PM

I knew that smell was familiar :D Plus, now you are smart enough to know there was more to it than that.

My intelligence is questionable at best. I guess there is more to it than will ever be told but I don't think a large, well funded and well positioned company would have allowed the US government to stand by while China dumped product on the market.

flatlander

Quote from: wildmttrout on May 24, 2014, 19:05:19 PM

Somehow, this became pro-natty gas or anti-natty gas. It really doesn't matter which of these two options we want; it matters whether or not they are completely transparent.

You're right.  My own biases creeping in.  I have a fundamental problem with the environmental movement as it currently stands today.  They've totally hijacked the climate change message and made a bloody mess of it.

So let's call that article out for what it is.  The point of that article is less about fracking than it is about motivating the Democratic base in NC, where Democrats are going to take a beating in November.

Onslow

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on May 24, 2014, 22:37:51 PM
Quote from: troutfanatic on May 24, 2014, 22:15:30 PM
All considered, I would say I am not compliant with this We you mention.

We, as in part of this screwed up human race ----this is what I meant in my late Sat. evening intoxicated condition --- We, kind of like being a part of some really dysfunctional family.   We, Homo sapiens are responsible for all our ills.

'c;

sanjuanwormhatch

Some jaded mofos up in here.