News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Back Up on that Mountain

Started by JWJ, May 22, 2014, 06:20:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JWJ

Cut out of work early and hit the road running. Couldn't wait to leave my valley and head towards my brother's high country. He's lived here for 2 years and this is the first time I've visited. I've had some awesome times as a kid visiting the area. We used to come to cut a Christmas tree with the family every Thanksgiving, my cousin took me to my first college party down here when I was a freshman in high school, and I rang in many a New Year at my best friend's mountain home, but it had been too long. I was excited for more incredible times with my brother.

Made it to my Bro's apartment where nothing was done but playing catch up and listening to tunes.

Willie Nelson is an American hero

It was up early with a quick breakfast to try and find some fishable water. Most everything was blown with the 2"-3" rain.

We managed to find some primo 'roach water.

sanjuanwormhatch

I was really hoping you would have that tune.  Great tune. 

I can feel the brotherly love from here. 

Dougfish

Very nice.  'c;
And good flower shots, also.

JWJ

My good buddy and his family happened to be in town staying at their mountain house to play in a golf tournament. He and I come from the same hometown but different worlds. Time spent with him usually includes aristocratic endeavors. A side of life I rarely experience.

The "Jacket Required" policy made me extremely uncomfortable and the "No Cell Phones Allowed" made it extremely hard snap pictures.

Too much Bulleit made my head hurt in the morning. A cure was quickly found.

Water levels had dropped some so we attempted to fish some bigger water. This was only my buddy's second time casting fleas so the goal was to get him into a few fish.

Back into town and back in my comfort zone for one more night. Grabbed a proper supper, a batch of brews, and tied up a few more flies.

The next morning, we took a chance at a random road side stream that would be on my way back home.

It all worked out

Big J

That hit the spot.  Nice brown you dropped at the end too.  d:b

NCsporksman

nice..solid breakfast food, Claypool, a jaunt with high society...who caught the Browsknie, the pleb or the patrician?

Dougfish

Well damn. Good brown action there, my man!  'c;
And you ate like a king.

JWJ

Thanks fellas.

My lil brother and fellow pleb caught the last brown. The patrician decided to golf that morning.

benben reincarnated

'c;

Please tell me Fullsteam beer is actually drinkable now...when they first came out it is atrocious.

sanjuanwormhatch

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on May 29, 2014, 07:11:09 AM
I like your style.

Same here!  I particularly like all the foodstuff shots.  It made me hungry --- so hungry this morn that my stomach has eaten the buttons from my shirt.  I like food and am calling Jimmy John's as soon as they can deliver!

I will apologize for the following comment/question if the lady in the "Jacket Required" photo belongs to you or your pal.  Was this the best subject available?  Nothing wrong with her, but the reason I ask is, I am married to an aging gal with the same profile --- see it every day, it is burnt into my optic nerve --- visual diversity is needed. 

Great job!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Woolly Bugger

well played! nice flicks too!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

JWJ

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on May 29, 2014, 08:25:36 AM

Same here!  I particularly like all the foodstuff shots.  It made me hungry --- so hungry this morn that my stomach has eaten the buttons from my shirt.  I like food and am calling Jimmy John's as soon as they can deliver!

I will apologize for the following comment/question if the lady in the "Jacket Required" photo belongs to you or your pal.  Was this the best subject available?  Nothing wrong with her, but the reason I ask is, I am married to an aging gal with the same profile --- see it every day, it is burnt into my optic nerve --- visual diversity is needed. 

Great job!

The goal of the shot was to capture the dining room of the club, which clearly didn't happen. As for they lady captured, she very well could've been the youngest/best looking female in the club house that night. The rest had a retirement community vibe to them.

Quoteposted by: benben
« on: Today at 07:32:53 »

Please tell me Fullsteam beer is actually drinkable now...when they first came out it is atrocious.

I would more than likely never order it again. However, it would concoct a very potent bourbon and ginger.