News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Christmas Island

Started by twinbridges, May 20, 2014, 23:53:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Well this might be a bit over the chart, but time is fleeting and when opportunity knocks you best open the damn door.  For a few years Christmas Island has been calling my name and with the help of one of my Montana fishing guide friends we have a trip rolling.  Will leave Honolulu on Tuesday on Fiji Airlines for the trip down cross the international date line, fish a week then be picked back up.  8 of us doing the deal.

Bonefish and GT's and some other species perhaps. Borrowed 12 wts from Winston and Sage are loaded and in danger I am told.  Good thing the deal is we can bring them back in a few extra pieces and all will be forgiven.  Call it lab work.

I leave Montana with warm temps and rivers rising quickly.  Maybe after this adventure, a quick run to NC and when I get back 17 June the rivers will have settled and salmon flies will be in the air.  He'll, if you write the script you should be a optimist. 

Grannyknot

what, pray tell, did you do in a previous life to be so fortunate?
ghandi?
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

troutrus

Hope you enjoy the trip. Those trevally much like the Amberjacks of the Atlantic coast will kick your butt even on the 12 weight. Unless you're a real ironman, one or two of those will quickly push ya back to targeting the numerous bonefish.

Transylwader

GT's are power houses. Get ready to run along coral reefs. You'll need hundreds of yards of backing. I envy you, twin. Holy smokes man...

Woolly Bugger

Looking forward to an awesome TR

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

bullship

Quote from: Grannyknot on May 21, 2014, 08:05:52 AM
ghandi?

I was wondering exactly the same thing. Have fun! I suppose that's inevitable though
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Dougfish

Quote from: Grannyknot on May 21, 2014, 08:05:52 AM
ghandi?

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

twinbridges

Well guys , no one more  amazed than me that I am having this retirement.  Grew up  on small farm in Duplin county, waited table in high school, went to School of Design NCSU on my Dad's borrowed and hard earned money and as a landscape architect grew a very good firm, up at 4:30 am Monday home about 10:00 pm Friday sleep for the weekend and do it again for 25 years.

But more damn good luck than I surely deserve.  Just know I am thankful.  Lots of us work just as hard.  And I am smart enough the difference of good luck from smart.

ptfranze

Quote from: Transylwader on May 21, 2014, 08:58:43 AM
GT's are power houses. Get ready to run along coral reefs. You'll need hundreds of yards of backing. I envy you, twin. Holy smokes man...

These guys would be a lot of fun on the fly rod...good luck!

Transylwader

Apart from these "rock spider" Saffas accent, these lads have the GT's dialled in. My mates and their "boer" buddies ripping them a new one...

I sometimes wonder why I waste my time trout fishing...

benben reincarnated

Quote from: ptfranze on May 22, 2014, 11:46:47 AM
Quote from: Transylwader on May 21, 2014, 08:58:43 AM

These guys would be a lot of fun on the fly rod...good luck!

DAMN.  That's serious.

Transylwader

The strip set at the beginning of this clip...let that be a lesson to all you trout setting punes n!n

ptfranze

Quote from: Transylwader on May 22, 2014, 12:11:50 PM
The strip set at the beginning of this clip...let that be a lesson to all you trout setting punes n!n

Both those videos are awesome I had seen the first but never this one.  The runs on GTs are insane I couldn't imagine having one of these on the line....one day maybe....

Rhody

have a big time!! looking forward to your pics!
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

flatlander

You know...I'm beginning to hate you.  bd;0  bd;0