Previous topic - Next topic

Whatchathink?

I wish I had invented it.
2 (16.7%)
POS
5 (41.7%)
$35K to get that off the ground? 5 or 10K max
1 (8.3%)
One time at band camp I had a rod holder!
4 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

rbphoto

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

benben reincarnated

Dammit, I threw this idea around like 2 years ago.  It won't work as well on small streams or narrow hiking paths, but definitely could see it useful on larger streams and or walking down larger/wider road beds.  I'd definitely buy this in order to free up a hand for opening a beer.

Maybe I should just drop $10,000 and get to go on the binger in Puerto Vallarta. 

Jfey

I saw this won an "award" for the worst new fly fishing product.  I enjoyed how he touts that it allows you to cast farther, but then demos it making 20-30 ft casts.   Also, it was nice to see him drag that trout across 10 feet of rocks.

Yup, going fishing

rbphoto

"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM

rbphoto

chasntrout

Love this thread!

I think there are two important items to consider when you come up with one of these "ideas"

1 - It's a cool idea, but would I actually use it/remember to pack it when heading out to the water?

2 - If it's such a great idea, why aren't the big fly fishing companies testing something similar????

Out of the above ideas, I think the 1st rod holder idea is the best because of the simplicity and usefulness.

rbphoto