News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

UPS Broke my Rod!

Started by Stuart R., April 02, 2006, 21:40:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuart R.

I sent my 8wt I built on a rainshadow blank back because "I messed up" one if the guides cracked the tip section in a little spot. I tracked the package to find out it was damaged. I called the manuf. to find out UPS broke it into 5 peices in a PVC tube. I put caps on a 1 1/4" PVC tube to mail it out the guy at Baston said it had been bent into a "L" shape and straightened back out. Needless to say the rod didn't straighten back out. So now I am having to battle UPS about the "claim" as they refer to it as. Seems pretty cut and dry you broke my rod now pay up. I am trying to get a little kick back for labor also plus the price of the rod building kit and S&H. I also have demanded my $10.35 that I paid to ship it to be repaired, I mean why not they didn't deliver it. Well they did but not like I wanted. THe UPS rep said that it was caught by the driver but the warr. dept guy at Baston said he caught it the driver was trying to bail out. So who would you believe? My $ is on the Baston Guy. Well to make a long story short, NEVER TRUST UPS. INSURE YOU STUFF, and don't forget if you ship with them you automaticlly get $100 insurance. I found that out this time. I am not sure of a more secure way to send a rod than PVC unless it would be a lead pipe! BUt god the S&H fees would kill ya on that. Well enough ranting for the night just thought it may be of interest to someone.

STU

Did I mention I hate UPS.
CPR Catch, Photo, Release.

cmiller51h

"What can "BROWN " do for you today?"
Sorry Stu, I just HAD to! I used to work for them, many, many many moons ago, you're right , THEY SUCK!
"Lead, follow or get the hell out of the way" GEN George S. Patton, 3rd Armor Commander

Woolly Bugger

well that pretty much sux... I've been shipping stuff UPS, FEDEX, USPS, AIRBORNE and they all will mess your stuff up sooner or later...

hope you get the settlement you want/need....
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Grumpy

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 02, 2006, 21:56:03 PM
I've been shipping stuff UPS, FEDEX, USPS, AIRBORNE and they all will mess your stuff up sooner or later...

How true!

Grumpy

Peddler

C'mon now... I love their service!

I've had expensive measuring equipment shipped to customers that was run-through by hi-lo's at UPS. When the customer won't sign because of the packaging damage, UPS pays. That makes two, two... two orders in one!  ;D
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Trout Chaser