News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Finding Fishable Water.

Started by Big J, May 17, 2014, 19:55:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

This was the outing of many different back up plans. The original plan was to float with Drifters on the James for musky.  Well, 2 to 3 inches of rain in 24 hours ruined that plan.  There was not a single floatable river in Virginia worth fishing.  Even the Jackson was running 3,000 cfs.  So we decided to hit a striper lake which looked like chocolate milk and we had 20 mph wind gusts blowing us around in a drift boat.  After about thirty minutes of that we thought we'd try a smaller bass lake.  Pull up to the lake to see an even more chocolate milk colored water.  Didn't even bother putting the boat in the water.  Called it a day and I went and hit a brookie stream for a couple hours instead of going home to lick my wounds.

Drifter's buddy.

Plenty of scenery on the cross VA tour.

This girl fought like a champ and was sitting deep under a run.

A cairn for Mudwall.

consumnfire1229

I hope to get on some brookies this Friday...
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Dougfish

Ancient Graffiti, my ass.

Nice recovery, BTW.
And, BTW,  the Smith was clear.  ;D

Big J

Brookies are addicting. Doug, I'll take my brookie fishing  ;D

Big J

Also, I saw a Prius with NC tags, a Costa sticker, and a TROUT sticker.  Which one of your NC guys were on my stream?

DRIFTS

Way to go J, at least you saved your day! Me, not so lucky...i returned home to yard work,  -+; me p;-
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on May 17, 2014, 20:07:38 PM
Ancient Graffiti, my ass.

Graffiti can be a verb, correct?  Doug, is this some kind of kinky request?  If so you forgot to say please.

"Please ancient graffiti my ass."  Oh, I did not see your comma.  Sorry, my bad.   

I happen to like some of their stuff.  Check out Ancient Graffiti's dragonfly wall mount --- pretty cool. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on May 19, 2014, 11:27:58 AM
Also, I saw a Prius with NC tags, a Costa sticker, and a TROUT sticker.  Which one of your NC guys were on my stream?

I'd drive a Prius, but I sure as shit wouldn't put a TROUT or TU sticker on it. 

Transylwader

Quote from: benben on May 19, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

You would however remove your "O'Bummer" sticker whilst visiting the meth country... :laugh:

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on May 19, 2014, 15:34:53 PM
Quote from: benben on May 19, 2014, 12:02:34 PM

You would however remove your "O'Bummer" sticker whilst visiting the meth country... :laugh:

Well yeah.  I'm not dumb.