News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

PFF V-29

Started by outdoorguy3, April 15, 2014, 14:08:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

outdoorguy3

JT

As posted by JT.  Location is Shady Valley, Tn.  Anyone interested sign up here or on the Southern Fly Angler board.  If you sign up here, your info. will be added to the thread on the other board.  Additional information forth coming as it appears.

Questions ask me or anyone else that has been to one of these gatherings.

Thanks,

Ralph ;D
Life's about havin' FUN!!!

Woolly Bugger

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Transylwader

My 21st is May 18. Count me out. I want to celebrate legal drinking age with young chicks...

Jfey

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on April 15, 2014, 20:52:11 PM
I'm going

It's looking good for a return to Shady Valley this year for me also d:b
Yup, going fishing

FlyFisher22

Looking forward to this one  <-;:

Stone-Man

Tranny,

There are plenty of Hippie Chicks in Damascus for trail days (and a stud like you   :o ) . Ya just gotta cull the ones with hairy legs and bushy underarms.  Plus,you can get laid any time ,but you cannot go to the legendary PFF at Shady Valley but once per year

Jeff,
  You  ARE !!! bringing Darrell and Jay .... Right  ?? . We screwed the dates last year and knocked the three of you out of PFF last year.  The PFF Strawbosses apologize and take total responsibility for that. Just trying to help out a few guys and ended up screwing way more than those few -Sorry

Stone-Man

outdoorguy3

Getting close folks.  I'm getting pumped,  Be there or be square!

Ralph ;D

Devinsdad

Looks like a good group this year.  I'm with ya ODG3  getting pumped!

outdoorguy3

Yep, with all the folks that are signing up, it just keeps getting better and better.

Ralph ;D

gillman

A little prep and packing this week end, a 3 day work week ( the boss will try to pack 4 days into the 3). Then hitting 421 on Thurs morn heading for the fishing function. See you soon. Looks like a BIG turnout. Where the trout are the guests of honor.

creekfreak

Hey mayne, Food City in Damascus has a great beer selection, besides being near all that great fishin. Wish I could be there. Did you say hippie chicks? Peace and Right On brother!
Guinness! Good God!

Dougfish

Quote from: creekfreak on May 09, 2014, 19:20:52 PM
Hey mayne, Food City in Damascus has a great beer selection, besides being near all that great fishin. Wish I could be there. Did you say hippie chicks? Peace and Right On brother!

Indeed, a good brewski selection. Just eyeballed it a couple of weeks ago. Nice little breakfast/lunch counter, too.
And a bathroom that was much appreciated.  :o

Stone-Man

At present we have at least 35 paid or promise to pay on the books.
We could easily end up with 40

JT

Shane

Just a note to anyone who can't make the Tennessee deal. We are doing a left behind Lying and Tying at the Bassett Cabin on the Smith River this weekend. Sulphurs are popping and it's a tailwater so it won't be blown out by the rain. Let me know if you are interested and I'll send a map to the cabin.

Come for the day, come for the weekend. We'll have dinner for you on Saturday night

20. clams

shanepink1@gmail.com

Woolly Bugger

Went to this little thing called Psycho Fly Fishing, PFF v29 for Short. It starts on Thursday, but I had to work through Friday afternoon, then something came up in the evening, so I missed the thunderstorms, hail and freezing tempatures. I arrived at 10 the next morning and there were only a few left in camp. The creeks were blown out, so I headed to the river with Streamer to chase after some trout he saw the other day. The upper river was slow as the yaller bugs haven't started up that far yet, grey midges worked for me and Streamer used streamers..... When the pulse came, we moved on down river and found some sulfurs and rising fish, lots of rising fish.

This guy was hanging out on a log on the river, didn't look too good...
Most likely DSFK by now

Back at camp a fire took the chill off the evening

Croaker cooked up some of his famous Low Country Boil.
Crawfish, shrimp, sausage, taters, corn on the cob, onion and spices.

Gofisher taking a selfie with the LCB

Kyle and crew

Plenty of coffee in the morning..

Back on the river, bright sun and sporadic sulfurs made for a slower day

After the pulse came through I waited for the spinner fall

Last hour of light it was on, with the bigger fish coming out as darkness approached

Had a blast, good times, lots of old friends, many of the original PFF crew and 4/6 of the remaining SRFFC in attendance. Hard to believe this thing has been going on twice a year for 14 years!
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!