News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Samsung G IV phone camera.

Started by Onslow, April 05, 2014, 10:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onslow

Two words.  It sucks b';  My 5 year old motorola flip phone shoots finer pics.

I do not know if my phone is an outlier or whether those employed by publications who supposedly test and rate phones are a bunch of slack jawed derelicts, I just know my phone cam performs horribly.  I suspect mine is not in the minority. 

Darthmonkey

Um, WHAT? I am no professional, but I'd say that the camera on the Samsung Galaxy S4 is pretty damn good.

Photos taken from my GS4:

So uh, yeah dude...
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.

Onslow

Just discovered this morning that I need to enlarge my pics using I-photo instead of photobucket.  I have a beautiful crisp homescreen pic taken by my Casio Ravine enlarged by the my desktop(I photo)  Tried to enlarge said pic with photobucket and the results were horrifying.  Been using PB to edit pics for a while and never had such issues.  I suppose I will need change my photo posting/editing process.

I will still insist that the 13 mp cam on the S IV cannot produce better results than a 3 mp cam on a Casio Ravine flip phone.

Darthmonkey

Quote from: Phallus in Wonderland on April 06, 2014, 06:47:31 AM
I will still insist that the 13 mp cam on the S IV cannot produce better results than a 3 mp cam on a Casio Ravine flip phone.
Might be as a result of your settings on the phone itself. Setting range from 2048x1152mp with a 16:9 ratio all the way up to a 4128x3096mp 4:3 ratio. Those photos I posted were set with 4128x2322mp 16:9 ratio with the HDR preset on the camera. Change those settings and see if that doesn't improve image quality.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Darthmonkey on April 06, 2014, 16:26:00 PM
16:9 ratio with the HDR preset on the camera. Change those settings and see if that doesn't improve image quality.

Please, please remove the HDR preset.

FWIW, my galaxy s4 takes great pics.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Darthmonkey

Quote from: RiverbumCO on April 06, 2014, 19:07:40 PM
16:9 ratio with the HDR preset on the camera. Change those settings and see if that doesn't improve image quality.

Why? I think the photos turn out great, and they don't require a whole lot of photo editing for them to look great. Hell all those photos are HDR and unfiltered except for the sunrise photo on the Skykomish.

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Darthmonkey on April 09, 2014, 23:25:28 PM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on April 06, 2014, 19:07:40 PM

Why? I think the photos turn out great, and they don't require a whole lot of photo editing for them to look great. Hell all those photos are HDR and unfiltered except for the sunrise photo on the Skykomish.

Im just a hater.  Wooly overdoes it to annoy me...yours are classy.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.