News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Old Haunts

Started by rbphoto, March 23, 2014, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Quote from: Transylwader on March 25, 2014, 20:42:34 PM
VA twats? Stay out of this discussion or I'll pimp your ghey ass SNP cricks...

Harry Murray already beat you to it. Nothing left in the SNP to pimp.   

rbphoto

Since Dude n Ben won't let you in for a threesome, maybe you, Dylar, and me make our own.  I need a good laugh and plan to fish SC more this year as well.  I'll bring you a couple cigars and my camera (although I suspect video might be more appropriate).
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

You didn't say anything about VA dicks.  You can have the SNP.  I'll give it to you.  The waters of SNP are likely the best subset of brookie streams we have, but the SNP DOES NOT have the top brookie reaches in VA. 

You and Steel be careful out there amongst the English!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on March 26, 2014, 07:18:17 AM

You didn't say anything about VA dicks.  You can have the SNP.  I'll give it to you.  The waters of SNP are likely the best subset of brookie streams we have, but the SNP DOES NOT have the top brookie reaches in VA.  the SNP has the best brookie waters in the southeast, ignore all other VA streams and just fish the touristy SNP please.

Fixed it for you Mudwall.

The Dude

*shhhh* North Fork of the Thornton River *shhhh*

That's some double top secret info right there!   :laugh:
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: The Dude on March 26, 2014, 07:41:01 AM
*shhhh* North Fork of the Thornton River *shhhh*

Yes, N.F. Thornton- great stream.  It is one of the few streams that I recall where there is clear elevation delineation between the 2 genera of water pennies – Ectopria up high and Psephenus down low.  The brookies seem to know this and the correct life-like patterns for each are imperative. 

benben reincarnated

Just don't tell anyone how awesome the Upper D is.

Big J

Quote from: benben on March 26, 2014, 08:05:15 AM

The Davidson?  Mike is always ranting about that stream, except for the lower section.  Talking about how he secretly fishes the lower Davidson all the time and it's his favorite.  Something about how the trout taste better in that section.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Big J on March 26, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

The Davidson?  Mike is always ranting about that stream, except for the lower section.  Talking about how he secretly fishes the lower Davidson all the time and it's his favorite.  Something about how the trout taste better in that section.

Yeah, he likes to carry a Fry Daddy and little generator too in the back of his Xterra so he can have a stream-side fish-fry.

Big J

Quote from: benben on March 26, 2014, 08:15:16 AM
Quote from: Big J on March 26, 2014, 08:09:07 AM

Yeah, he likes to carry a Fry Daddy and little generator too in the back of his Xterra so he can have a stream-side fish-fry.

But Mike said the trout have to be caught with Captain America colored powerbait, or Sherbet colored powerbait if it's summer.  It makes the trout taste better.

Transylwader

Jacob, you're gonna eat a trout in April, a would north strain VA pune n like it. RB, I'll let you know when SC is pillaged. I suspect my knee brace will be used. I messed my left knee up good playing rugby late last year. Hope its not gonna haunt me down the line. Mudders, the best brookie streams in VA are the ones that are stocked. North strain brookie may as well be a cockroach rainbow. I did enjoy the creek that you need to enter WV n backtrack into VA via a simple 3 mile hike. 17" punes ain't bad.
Benny, don't be trying to get me arrested in my own county mate, entrapment is a movie n I'd like to keep it that way.
Praise the pune trouts of WNC for brining the genuine asshole in me. Haunting, really :embarassed:

Dougfish

Quote from: Transylwader on March 26, 2014, 08:27:52 AM
I did enjoy the creek that you need to enter WV n backtrack into VA via a simple 3 mile hike. 17" punes ain't bad.

And there ya' go, giving away good intel again!

(But I knew about this one and it's feeders already)

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on March 26, 2014, 08:32:18 AM
I did enjoy the creek that you need to enter WV n backtrack into VA via a simple 3 mile hike. 17" punes ain't bad.

It is also the habitat of a rare/threatened dragonfly.     

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on March 26, 2014, 08:36:50 AM

And now threatened trouts.

rbphoto

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on March 26, 2014, 08:36:50 AM

Well, somebody needs to give me intel on this one.  Odonates are one of my also-ran hobbies.  I spend more time on Lepidoptera since my daughter studies them, but I've counted 27+ species in my front yard at the pond.  And like trout, I only collect memories and pictures.

Besides, I have friends in VA who want to learn to fly fish and they need good starting points . . .

Raymond
who is now taking his tongue out of his cheek . . .   :D

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish