Main Menu

Old Haunts

Started by rbphoto, March 23, 2014, 07:18:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rbphoto

Quote from: The Dude on March 25, 2014, 07:33:34 AM
Quote from: rbphoto on March 25, 2014, 06:54:44 AM

DADT is so over and done with.

That mentality is why I don't go fishing with a bunch of different people or pass much (if any) info to others.  You seem like a stand-up guy that I'm sure I would enjoy to hang out with, but if the discussion ever move3d to fishing and streams, you'll find me to get awfully quiet all of a sudden. 

It means that I don't get info from others, but that is something I'm willing to miss out on.  I seem to be able to find a fish here and there in the meantime.

I get that, Dude.

I don't share stream info much at all.  Most of my fishing has been solo for the last 25 years, and I have only been back once to a single stream shared by a BRFFF board member (and it was no secret).

I can find more places to fish than I can find time.

Anytime you want to fish a well-known spot just holler at me.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Big J

Depends on the person for me.  Heck, I just gave someone some stream info the other day on here who will be in the area and even gave The Dude some stream area info a couple years ago.  Like I said, depends on the person and depends on how they ask.  If I don't know you, I get quiet myself, but usually I'll throw out a bone on where to explore.  There are always a couple streams I keep quiet about due to working to figure them out.  Heck, one of those said streams I tell no one about, I ran into two BRFFF members fishing it.  Granted, one of those guys knows or has fished about every VA brookie stream.  Unfortunately for VA, there are very few good brookie streams that don't have the cat out of the bag about.  I can only think of a handful that I've fished that I'd rate as above average and don't receive a lot of pressure.  And those streams I'm silent about.

Transylwader

Quote from: rbphoto on March 25, 2014, 07:47:31 AM
Quote from: The Dude on March 25, 2014, 07:33:34 AM
Quote from: rbphoto on March 25, 2014, 06:54:44 AM

DADT is so over and done with.

That mentality is why I don't go fishing with a bunch of different people or pass much (if any) info to others.  You seem like a stand-up guy that I'm sure I would enjoy to hang out with, but if the discussion ever move3d to fishing and streams, you'll find me to get awfully quiet all of a sudden. 

It means that I don't get info from others, but that is something I'm willing to miss out on.  I seem to be able to find a fish here and there in the meantime.

I get that, Dude.

I don't share stream info much at all.  Most of my fishing has been solo for the last 25 years, and I have only been back once to a single stream shared by a BRFFF board member (and it was no secret).

I can find more places to fish than I can find time.

Anytime you want to fish a well-known spot just holler at me.
@ Hoss:
You told me about one creek and I never get to live it down coz I took Foulhook. The other you took me to way above pipes rocket? I haven't told anyone about nor have I returned to. Sure, my mouth runs most of the time, but whats to be so secretive about? I have been bluelining in the US for over 7 years and have NEVER ran into others (except for GSMNP because its a tourist shitter). The way I look at it, tell folks about the creeks you fish, they go in with you or try on their own, get their ass whipped (because they can't endure 2 mile+ hikes with terrain changes), say there arent fish in it (because they don't know how to fish) and generally write off the blueline ideology as a defunct form of fly fishing that only fools engage in. I can happily say I care two fucks about others and their feelings. So if you're still bummed about that creek off Elvis Road, you'll need to suck it up because its public and the McCalls do more damage to it than a few yahoo's that I told who clearly don't know what the fuck they're doing...and Ben, there's more than 30 browns in it, maybe you should quit dicking around with girdle bugs and use a real fly, a kaufmann stone.
RB, Dylar told me about shit I knew existed. He just reinforced what I already knew. Once a blueliner, always a blueliner. I'll catch you on the flip 8)

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Transylwader on March 25, 2014, 12:04:23 PM
...and Ben, there's more than 30 browns in it, maybe you should quit dicking around with girdle bugs and use a real fly, a kaufmann stone.

rbphoto

There are no secrets when it comes to SC trout streams. 

None.

Hell, SC DNR puts it all out there for anybody to see.

Mike is correct about the ass-whoopin' hikes.  If people know about the stream and are diligent enough to make the trek, whilst not getting themselves killed falling down escarpments while soused, they generally give more than a damn about the stream and will both keep their mouths shut and put (most of) the fish back.

Besides, Mike has the technology that makes SC DNR, Dylar, DADT, Word of Mouth, and probably bloodhounds obsolete. 

I swear I think he can sniff out trout.

We already know he sucks their tits . . .

Quotebrook brown n rainbow tits beware!
"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

The Dude

Mike, I love you, but you bring a lot of people out to streams.  99% of the streams you fish were not because of me giving you the goods - lord knows your catalog of streams is a lot larger than mine and has been with you for a lot longer than I've known you.  In your case, it is not a matter of me telling you about streams - you already know about them all, and as much as I hate it, you have a fucking amazing ability to recognize streams and figure shit out (I could tell you a stream was green with brown or, uh, rust colorations and you'd nail it down it 15 minutes).  But the fact remains that you tell a lot of people about streams that also happen to be streams I fish.  I can't stop you from doing it (but that doesn't mean I have to like it).  I don't own any of the streams I fish.  But I ain't going to lie, I don't want to see anybody else that I don't know out there on them.  I'm selfish like that.   In the meantime, I choose to keep my mouth shut about stuff and only fish with a handful of peeps that I like.

You're still my boy and always will be, but it doesn't mean we have to agree on everything and I will always cringe when you bring a new swinging dick to a different creek and freely talk about every drainage in WNC.  You're like Edward Snowden and I'm the CIA- you know too much and you'll tell anybody about it.  All the while I wish I could stop the flow of information but, alas, I am powerless to do so and can only sit around and wait for any repercussions that may come of it.

Mark it 8, dude.

Sorry to turn this thread into a whiny DADT bitch session.  It wasn't my intent and it is the type of gay threads they have over on that other lame site, so I don't want to waste anybody else's time about it here anymore.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Michael Toris

Damn, you guys need to fucking carp fish and be done with all of that shit.....

tomato can

I wonder where I am at on the "blabbermouth" continuum?

Dougfish

Quote from: tomato can on March 25, 2014, 14:53:09 PM

You have to fish, to have streams to talk about. You sir, are a mute.  :-X

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: tomato can on March 25, 2014, 14:53:09 PM

---somewhere between a milquetoast that yields to every whim of the Mrs. and a smelly wrestling coach.  Well that's what I heard anyway.  And Doug says you are a mute, or was it a mutt. 

Peace (in the spirit of Neville Chamberlain)

Dammit!  I hate acronyms!  Where/how the h*ll do you learn them?  I had to look up DADT! 

Struggle Busing Mudwall (just learned Struggle Bus from a kiddie)

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

flatlander

Have you guys been to Basin Creek? 

Beat you to it, TM.

Dougfish

Quote from: wildmttrout on March 25, 2014, 14:50:43 PM
Damn, you guys need to fucking carp fish and be done with all of that shit.....

Hot spotting carp honey holes flats is the next big thang. Look out!

tomato can

I thinkum dougfish and big muddy speak um truth.  And I have been called worse much worse.

Transylwader

Quote from: The Dude on March 25, 2014, 14:28:56 PM

Mike, I love you, but you bring a lot of people out to streams.  99% of the streams you fish were not because of me giving you the goods - lord knows your catalog of streams is a lot larger than mine and has been with you for a lot longer than I've known you.  In your case, it is not a matter of me telling you about streams - you already know about them all, and as much as I hate it, you have a fucking amazing ability to recognize streams and figure shit out (I could tell you a stream was green with brown or, uh, rust colorations and you'd nail it down it 15 minutes).  But the fact remains that you tell a lot of people about streams that also happen to be streams I fish.  I can't stop you from doing it (but that doesn't mean I have to like it).  I don't own any of the streams I fish.  But I ain't going to lie, I don't want to see anybody else that I don't know out there on them.  I'm selfish like that.   In the meantime, I choose to keep my mouth shut about stuff and only fish with a handful of peeps that I like.

You're still my boy and always will be, but it doesn't mean we have to agree on everything and I will always cringe when you bring a new swinging dick to a different creek and freely talk about every drainage in WNC.  You're like Edward Snowden and I'm the CIA- you know too much and you'll tell anybody about it.  All the while I wish I could stop the flow of information but, alas, I am powerless to do so and can only sit around and wait for any repercussions that may come of it.

Mark it 8, dude.

Sorry to turn this thread into a whiny DADT bitch session.  It wasn't my intent and it is the type of gay threads they have over on that other lame site, so I don't want to waste anybody else's time about it here anymore.
its a league game.
Apologies to anyone I wound up. See, I'm a bloke stuck in Raleigh who drives over 12 hours to hit those creeks. Anyone unfortunate to have fished w me knows its a shitty experience. I'm gonna make you walk your ass off to catch peckers, high hole you, drink your beer, smoke your shit etc. Must be a condition of being white and from Africa. I feel a certain entitlement to it all. I plan to stick to my routine of hitting 200 new to me creeks this year so I can inch closer to 1000 streams. Dude, you are right. I do kiss n tell too much. Ben kindly reminded me of an incident involving two cunts from SEFFF that I willfully let tag along to the gold mine. Funny thing is these two tits dunno how the fuck to Blueline. FYI, Dylar is a stand up dude. Way more intellectual than my dumbass and I spent a lot of time laughing my ass off. I suspect hell be fishing w me often since Dude n Benny never invite me to a three some. SC is on my radar, so y'all can hoard Haywood all y'all want. I'm fishing w Steelrain this weekend coz he's my best friend. I fish more w him than anyone and I don't fish w him enough. Off my soap box for now. VA twats? Stay out of this discussion or I'll pimp your ghey ass SNP cricks...

Dougfish

Quote from: Transylwader on March 25, 2014, 20:42:34 PM
Off my soap box for now. VA twats? Stay out of this discussion or I'll pimp your ghey ass SNP cricks...

:-* You're as dangerous as a bar of soap on the shower floor of a prison. Smile, pretty boy.
The masses already know about the SNP. I'll keep giving you NF piss trickles, like last year.  :;!