Another Dem. stunt or real threat?

Started by Rod Champion, March 19, 2014, 16:54:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

flatlander

I used to have a mailman that was in the Naval Reserve...in some kind of intelligence capacity, apparently.  I thought that was interesting, partly because my father had been in Naval intelligence, so I asked him what area of intelligence he was in.  He gave me the stink-eye and snapped, "that's classified!".  I still laugh about that...almost as much as I do at history majors who studied under 60's era liberal professors with anti-establishment viewpoints.

Big J

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on November 19, 2014, 17:48:23 PM
I used to have a mailman that was in the Naval Reserve...in some kind of intelligence capacity, apparently.  I thought that was interesting, partly because my father had been in Naval intelligence, so I asked him what area of intelligence he was in.  He gave me the stink-eye and snapped, "that's classified!".  I still laugh about that...almost as much as I do at history majors who studied under 60's era liberal professors with anti-establishment viewpoints.

Heck fire, I was so far left, not even on the map, before I planted a foot on any campus, which is a bit unusual for a mountain hayseed.   I missed the 60s by a few years; I wish I had been there.  The obvious question is, were they paper classes being administered to the history majors by those wicked liberal profs back in the 60s?  I wonder if those history grads penned their own submissions.  And Flats, how are you familiar with the information communicated to students by those 60's leftie or rightie instructors?     
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

flatlander

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on November 20, 2014, 09:09:40 AM
Quote from: Flatlander on November 19, 2014, 17:48:23 PM

Heck fire, I was so far left, not even on the map, before I planted a foot on any campus, which is a bit unusual for a mountain hayseed.   I missed the 60s by a few years; I wish I had been there.  The obvious question is, were they paper classes being administered to the history majors by those wicked liberal profs back in the 60s?  I wonder if those history grads penned their own submissions.  And Flats, how are you familiar with the information communicated to students by those 60's leftie or rightie instructors?   

Aww Mud...that was just a little dig at Dylar, who contended we dropped the bomb on Japan just to keep the Russians out of the Pacific War in a previous thread.  That's 60's era, anti-establishment bullshit.  That's all I'm saying.

As far as Carolina's Afam Studies Dept...I say abolish it.  The culture didn't even invent the wheel! :P