Fly Fishing for Sharks

Started by tw5270, March 29, 2006, 13:25:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tw5270

My uncle gave me the Book "Fly-Fishing for Sharks An Angler's Journey Across America" by Richard Louv a few years ago. Somehow I put it on my bookshelf and didn't get to it until recently.
It's not a book about fly-fishing, (though he does plenty) so if that's what you want don't bother. It is a book about America, Fishing, and how fishing intertwines with our culture. It addresses future generations and their lack of knowledge of nature. The stories range from casting lessons by Joan Wulff at the Denver Retailers show, to entering a Redman Bass tournament. The author travels the US and shows you a cast of real characters that are fishermen (and Women). The mystique of the Northwestern Steelhead fanatics, the (strange in my mind) inside world of Bass tournaments. The way retail looks at anglers, and conversations with with people that will surprise you.

If you have a thick skin and can handle looking at angling from every view point I'd say you will enjoy the book. If however tales of crazy poachers, ice fishing, and Urban fishing offend you....well you might not like it.

Oh, and use Wooly's link on the home page to buy it on Amazon- List Price: $16.00
Price: $10.40