News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

2014 Warmwater

Started by RiverbumCO, January 11, 2014, 15:18:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

A face that only a mother could love, the fish is pretty ugly too!

Did you catch both of them, or did the Spork get one?
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Michael Toris

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on March 12, 2014, 22:39:41 PM
A face that only a mother could love, the fish is pretty ugly too!

Did you catch both of them, or did the Spork get one?

Spork stuck one, but she came unbuttoned. Big bitch tho

flatlander

Nice!  Did the water clear any?

Dougfish

'c;

Gotta tie up some carp flies. Thanks for the reminder.

OldDominionAngler

You're killing me here.  Tailer?  Cruiser? 

Michael Toris

Flatlander: water did not clear up but we fished a different flat. Tons of fish when we got there

Old Dominion: Tailing and cruising.

Jfey

Nice start to the season!
Yup, going fishing

Big J

Carp already WMT.   'c;

I have yet to contribute to this thread  :'(

bullship

Asshole! I mean, I'm so very happy for you.
It's all shit, piss and bliss.

"This is the low rent district, and much like a trailer park, it doesn't attract the most upstanding citizens.
You can't piss in a mr coffee & get tasters choice."- Grannyknot

Onslow

Suckage from Goldylips already!?  Hot damn.

NCsporksman

that first carp on the quickdraw was an inspiration.... I've felt the tug twice its time to pop dat shit...you need to smile more wildmt and wear greener shirts

Transylwader

Michael Toris

We caught one carp today and I broke off two, missed two eats, and fucked up a bunch. Pics of said carp soon. Fuck musky, trout, bass, bluegill (ghay as shit) and all the other trash fish.

Onslow

Went to a tailwater yesterday evening in the Catawba watershed for a little striper action.  Periods of power generation have been rather short and ended up hitting the water during a no-flow period.  Stripers are known to be much more active during periods of power generation, but reportedly can still be had if one fishes the deep rocky cover. The river was lined on both sides with hispanics.  The crew on the north side were still fishing with bait, chattering and hooting like a gang of magpies and hoot owls.  the smaller crew on the south were throwing striper poppers and bucktails and seemed to have a clue. 

Casting sink line in calm water from a kayak was a bit challenging and irritating.  The rocks below the dam were blasted, thus ragged around the edges which caused right many hang ups.  The shit I was using is all wrong.  Needed baitfish w/upturned hook at the rear.  The crew on the south bank occasionally broke out in laughter watching my clumsy ass trying to negotiate snags and casting sinking line from kayak.  If the water would have been turned on, the situation would have really sucked as it would have been nearly impossible to retrieve snagged junk from the rocks due to the raging current. 

I felt like a cracker at a Mexican night club waiting for one white chick that may or may not show up.  Screw this shit...gotta find an inaccessible spot with smoother rocks.

bmadd

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

I caught one fish yesterday afternoon. I lost one fish also. That's all.