News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

orvis cfo drag trouble?

Started by tattdflythrower, December 25, 2013, 19:11:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tattdflythrower

ive got a plain jane cfo and i havent used it since last year . i took it out of my pouch to inspect the leader and what not and i noticed it doesnt have that some ol click it once had . when reeling or when line is being taken out any trouble shooting ideas what might be causing this?
"if i live the life im given, i wont be scared to die"

Woolly Bugger

Take the spool off and check the pawl  and spring, if it has a drag adjustment make sure the cam is functioning . Clean an lube it ... Through up a pic of the reel with the spool off. 
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

tattdflythrower

tattdflythrower

the last pic is to just make yall jealous.

Woolly Bugger

Oh, your CFO has disk breaks, I know nothing about them.

http://www.orvis.com/orvis_assets/files/CFO.indd.pdf
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

_Fish_Pimp

my brother got one in a superfine outfit in 5 wt...I'm pretty sure its just that triangle piece that makes it click engages and disengages... I removed that and the spring mechanism and it works just fine. no more click, but at least its a constant pressure and is smooth now. maybe that is your problem...I've always had troubles with disc drag orvis stuff.....battenkills, bbs... etc  b';

Speaking of CFO, the new one made by Abel in the US is now available on the orvis website  :-X

Darthmonkey

The spring is bad. Those things regularly go tits up, I had one do the exact same thing in about roughly the same time period. Take it back to Orvis, get your money back and buy an Abel if you want a loud reel that looks cool.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.