Main Menu

Gay-Vett Brothers

Started by RiverbumCO, December 02, 2013, 13:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RiverbumCO

Quote from: benben on December 03, 2013, 08:30:36 AM
Quote from: RiverbumCO on December 03, 2013, 08:27:03 AM
Quote from: Big J on December 03, 2013, 08:16:43 AM
I've been kind of listening to some 90's grunge band music as of late.  Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, STP, etc.  My wife hates it.  Makes her more accepting of the classic rock I play as well.

Smashing Pumkins, Alice in Chains, Tool, and Blind Melon all bring back memories for me as well.

Throw Bush, Live and Eve 6 in there as well.

No offense here Ben, but i just flat out think Bush and Live suck. 

These guys used to play a lot at the bar i once worked at....they are cool guys that could possibly hit it big one day...but mostly check out homegirls butt.

These guys used to play a lot at the bar i once worked at....they are cool guys that could possibly hit it big one day...but mostly check out homegirls butt.

]

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on December 03, 2013, 08:16:43 AM
There is some good stuff being thrown down here.  I had to look up the Drunken Catfish Ramblers Grannyknot.  They just a street performing Nawlins band?  Those career street performs are usually either the best or the worst performers you'll see.

I've been kind of listening to some 90's grunge band music as of late.  Nirvana, Pearl Jam, Soundgarden, Foo Fighters, STP, etc.  My wife hates it.  Makes her more accepting of the classic rock I play as well.

Not bad fellers. Drunken Catfish ramblers should tour with my fave, Asylum Street Spankers.

J going grunge? Damn. There's hope for you yet.  :D

I like good bluegrass and country roots music. But no matter where I wander musically I slide on back to blues. 
Memphis, Detroit,even gospel blues. It don't matter. And give an old gospel blues tune to Led Zepplin for magic.
Today's little pussy acts can't hang.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: RiverbumCO on December 03, 2013, 08:32:46 AM

I'm so fucking offended.  Yeah going back and listening to Bush these days I don't get the draw.  I started with Nirvana, then began listening to Bush when they came out, then Foo Fighters, and never really went back to listening to Bush...but I remember I really liked them at the time.  I think Live is a different breed, and maybe that was why I liked them.  I never really considered them alternative, but they did get lumped into that genre.  I still have a lot of their music on my iPod, but same with Bush not crazy about them now after going back and listening again.  The only band I listened to close to 20 years ago that I still buy all their albums, go to their concerts, and still love is Green Day.  That probably opens up a whole different argument here.

To each their own.

...but mostly check out homegirls butt.

she can move it

Big J

Quote from: benben on December 03, 2013, 08:45:12 AM

I'm so fucking offended.  Yeah going back and listening to Bush these days I don't get the draw.  I started with Nirvana, then began listening to Bush when they came out, then Foo Fighters, and never really went back to listening to Bush...but I remember I really liked them at the time.  I think Live is a different breed, and maybe that was why I liked them.  I never really considered them alternative, but they did get lumped into that genre.  I still have a lot of their music on my iPod, but same with Bush not crazy about them now after going back and listening again.  The only band I listened to close to 20 years ago that I still buy all their albums, go to their concerts, and still love is Green Day.  That probably opens up a whole different argument here.

To each their own.

Bush has a couple songs I like.  Not many anymore though.  Green Day I have a like/hate relationship.  Early Green Day songs were good, mid to later Green Day sucks.  They got way too political and way too big of wimps/emo for me.  If I want politics I'll get on BRFFF.  Basket Case was when they were in their prime.

sanjuanwormhatch

Simease dream is, like, top 10.  Maybe more like top 25 but a masterpiece.  Nirvana was the first band (hell first anything) I was obsessed with.  I realize that's pretty common amongst our generation.

For a rag tag string group, check out Black Twig Pickers. 

RiverbumCO

Where to start.

Doug, I think I love you.

Green Day Dookie = one of my first albums i listened to for years after, Sublime and 311's self titled albums were right up there as well.  I was in the 5th or 6th grade at the time lol.  Doing a lot of this  :;!

The Smashing Pumpkins are IMO probably the best band of the 90's

I think the Foo Fighters are probably the best band of the 90's AND 2000's

sanjuanwormhatch

The first foo fighters album kicked asshole.  I think today is a lovely day for a Simease Dream.

Grannyknot

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on December 03, 2013, 09:30:22 AM

For a rag tag string group, check out Black Twig Pickers.

I like.

By rag tag though, I mean the hokum sort.  Kind of like the way the hackensaw boys used to be.
Common characteristics that I like are....cigarettes, dirty clothes, and songs that have indistinguishable words that boonhower from king of the hill would say, except slower.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

OldDominionAngler

Funny that my wife just forwarded me an email about presale for tix to the Avetts at Patriot Center.  b'; The Patriot Center is the most god awful concert venue on the face of the earth.  I did buy "Emotionalism" when it came out...I like the album and still listen to it but I lost interest the following album when Rubin got involved. 

Doug Martsch is one of the baddest in my book...finally got to see him live for the first time last month. 

Gotta be some MM fans in the house...

Big J

Quote from: OldDominionAngler on December 03, 2013, 10:12:17 AM

Gotta be some MM fans in the house...

Yes.  Them and Ugly Casanova.  I haven't listened to Modest Mouse in years though.

Native Fisher

You said it Bro.  :D    I still listen to them more than any band.
Willie Dixon original Zepp style.

and gotsta have my Feat.

Dougfish

WFC. Best live album ever. The much abused vinyl is still downstairs. And yes, the old SL-D2 turntable still works.  <-;:

OldDominionAngler

RiverbumCO

I get down this way sometimes...

But i would say the guy I listen to the most is...

The Dude

Y'all need to recognize the classics. 

Here's a free lesson:

You can thank me later.

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.