Waypoints from Confluence Films - Showing in the NRV on Nov. 8th

Started by natureboy, October 14, 2013, 16:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

natureboy

Wanted to get this out here.  Will post up some more info as we work out the details.  Venue will likely be on the VT campus and it will likely be FREE.  The NRV TU chapter is sponsoring this with some help from the VT & RU fly fishing clubs.   /'/  Hope to see a few folks from the Smith River & Roanoke Valley TU chapters there!

http://www.confluencefilms.tv/

Big J

I'll probably get down there if its at the VT campus.  Keep us updated on the time and date.

natureboy

Details finalized:

Please join us for the world premier of the film Waypoints!  This event is being organized by the Virginia Tech Fly Fishing Club, the Radford University Fly Fishing Club, and the NRVTU chapter.  The event is FREE and will be held at the Squires Student Center, room 341/345 on the Virginia Tech Campus from 6:30-8:30pm, next Friday, November 8th.  Squires is adjacent to Downtown Blacksburg so parking there would be convenient, plus you can stop for dinner or a beer on the way to the show.  See below for more information on the film.  It should be a great time!  Please give me a shout if you have questions.

"Following in the footsteps of Confluence's earlier releases DRIFT, RISE and CONNECT, WAYPOINTS is the most exotic, ambitious and in-depth feature-length project that Confluence has ever created. Shot around the world in both fresh and saltwater, locations include flats fishing St. Brandon's Atoll in the Indian Ocean, trout fishing the wilds of Patagonian Chile, coastal Southeast Alaska for Steelhead, the Himalayan rivers of India for Golden Mahseer, and the jungles of Venezuela for saber-toothed payara. Confluence has become known for great stories, interesting character profiles, soulful interviews, an amazing diversity of species, and the finest cinematography in the world of fly fishing. WAYPOINTS delivers on all of these things and more. An incredible travel-logue-style fishing film that truly showcases not only the fly fishing lifestyle, but the journey itself as seen through the eyes of anglers Oliver White, Jeff Currier, Greg Bricker, Gerhard Laubscher, Rooster Leavens, and several other interesting and unique characters."

natureboy

Bump.

So are any of you misfits coming?  Anybody want to catch up for a beverage beforehand?   0:0

Muddy if you're going to show for this or the regular TU meeting on 11/6, I'll bring the American Chestnut walking stick blank.

Big J

Quote from: natureboy on November 05, 2013, 14:32:37 PM
Bump.

So are any of you misfits coming?  Anybody want to catch up for a beverage beforehand?   0:0

Muddy if you're going to show for this or the regular TU meeting on 11/6, I'll bring the American Chestnut walking stick blank.

I thought I was, but the wife informed me that we had plans.  I haggled and am now going fishing Saturday afternoon.  I talked to Mudwall and I know he isn't going to the showing Friday night either.

Wish I could of made it though.