**Brand New***Orvis Shooting Star Spey 12' 8WT

Started by robspe7370, October 08, 2013, 14:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robspe7370

Bought it in August and have since decided to go with the Helios Switch.Never used. Lawn cast for maybe 10 minutes. No stains on cork. Still have warranty card and owners manual. $250 shipped OBO. Maybe I will throw in a line to go with it too.
PM or robspe7370@gmail.com
I ain't here for a long time. I'm here for a good time.

Woolly Bugger

Why wouldn't you just send it back to Orvis for full credit? Jis axe'in
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

robspe7370

2 reasons. First this weight in the series has been discontinued.The rod is new but was manufactured in 06. Second I bought the Rod at a fly shop in Ohio. Not going back anytime in the forseeable future. The Helios was bought from a friend who got a hefty discount at Orvis. The deal on the this Rod is legit and I can provide a receipt to anyone who thinks otherwise.Just trying to get my money back out of it.

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 08, 2013, 15:51:36 PM

sanjuanwormhatch

robspe7370

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on October 09, 2013, 04:23:23 AM
Just curious, what did you buy this rod for?

Not sure if you mean the purpose for the rod or the price.

I bought the rod for steelhead fishing for a trip or 2 I take every year to the Olympic Pennisula, and sometimes the lakes.As far as price I will say that I payed close enough to what I am asking to not be afraid to show the receipt to prove to a buyer that it was acquired through  a legitimate purchase.

sanjuanwormhatch

No just the purpose.  Didn't mean to question your asking price.  Seems very fair.

Darthmonkey

Quote from: robspe7370 on October 08, 2013, 22:44:41 PM
2 reasons. First this weight in the series has been discontinued.The rod is new but was manufactured in 06. Second I bought the Rod at a fly shop in Ohio. Not going back anytime in the forseeable future. The Helios was bought from a friend who got a hefty discount at Orvis. The deal on the this Rod is legit and I can provide a receipt to anyone who thinks otherwise.Just trying to get my money back out of it.

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 08, 2013, 15:51:36 PM
Orvis will still take it back, give you in store credit towards that Helios garbage. Otherwise throw it up on Spey Pages, odds are there is some twat who'll buy it off you. Just be prepared to ship the bitch to the UK or Scandinavia.
The above response is not to be taken seriously, it is on the internet after all.