News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

PFF v. 28

Started by Woolly Bugger, October 07, 2013, 14:48:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

PFF v. 28! Damn that's 14 years of psycho fishing. This one was at Pursuit Farms, what is left of Juddie's place on the South Holston. I got there Friday afternoon, got the tent setup while drinking a cold one and then waited for Rhody to show up for the evening float. I hung out at the camp and ran into some old friends and met some new PFFers.

We took Peddler along for the ride. After we launched the boat, I noticed that she was filling up fast, and Rhody managed to get the drain plug in quickly enough. We tossed streamers but switched to dries when we saw some noses poking. I got some fish to rise but my peppery hook set took care of that. There wasn't enough daylight left so we switched back to streamers and peddled saved the day from the back of the boat.

We took out at dark and after running the shuttle, we settled in for Streamer's Brunswick Stew, which was totally awesome.

Next morning the boys were up fixing breakfast at sunrise.

An unexpected photo session piqued our interest as we got ready for the days fishing.

A few of the old timers ...

Once on the river Jamie and I smacked 'em for a while, Mostly foot long bows, but a few browns in the 'made my day' size.

Beer thirty and boat launch time...

A Pretentious Snobby Bastard beer.

Then it was time for Croaker's most excellent Low Country Boil.
Shane with Mudflap's BRFFF Smite Championship Mug Sunday morning. He was the first on the water.

I managed to hit the river for a couple of hours before packing up for home.

On the way home I saw this boat, built in Florida as a dingy for a yacht. The name Mudpuppy referred to the owner's dog who had muddy paws ... 

See y'all in the f'all

The end.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

troutphisher

Looks like you guys had a pretty good time and some good fishing 'c; 'c; 'c; 'c;
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Phil

Nice pics, Wooly. A fine time was had by all. BTW -- Honey, do those waders make me look fat?  ;D

Trout Maharishi

You look good Phil, looks like they have your meds  back on track.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Transylwader

I see how y'all roll. No invite for the "lighties". Old gentlemens fishing club... n!n

Trout Maharishi

Don't feel bad Tranny, they don't invite me either. I think some still hold a grudge from back in the Harvey Wall days when they ran the world.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Trout Maharishi

Did jack catch that fish, or did someone let him hold it?

Look it's like a Dick only smaller
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Transylwader on October 07, 2013, 15:38:47 PM
I see how y'all roll. No invite for the "lighties". Old gentlemens fishing club... n!n

Hey dumbass, it was posted up for all, ifin you could read you would have seen $35 for 3 nights camping, 2 damn fine dinners and 1 hot breakfast!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

Trout Maharishi

I can't see that part of the board ;D
― Charles Bukowski

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 07, 2013, 16:24:39 PM

If you are reading this, you are in that part of the board, pot-stirrer!
me -There's a season?

Trout Maharishi

OH..............I quess you're right /'/
― Charles Bukowski

Devinsdad

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on October 07, 2013, 16:45:15 PM

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on October 07, 2013, 16:24:39 PM

If you are reading this, you are in that part of the board, pot-stirrer!

LMAO

Nice report Woolly

Maharishi you should have come on up, and Tranny, we had another SA dude there hell it could have been a fine time.

Thanks to all for helping out
Thanks to Shane for the fucking bad assT shirts . Holy shit this is a good one!

Extra Thanks to Woolly and Rhody for pitching in when my clean up crew fell down Saturday night

Everyone, including Peddler, did something to contribute.

The food was out of site, the company was awesome and the fishing wasn't bad either.

See ya'll at the next one.

Phil

"Extra Thanks to Woolly and Rhody for pitching in when my clean up crew fell down Saturday night."

Hey -- I was the only one of the clean up crew that did my job. The other dudes didn't show up.  I was fairly drunk, but didn't fall down and shirk my job.  ;D
You are correct -- thanks to Gillman, Woolly and Rhody for helping me.

22midge

Hey Phil I would have helped yea but I was busy trying to eat all that stew so you could clean the pot.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Jfey

Glad y'all had time.  Hope to make one of these again soon.

Any issues with the new neighbors?  They gave us the stink-eye last time I was there and tried to walk over and say hi. 
Yup, going fishing