News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Portable OttLite

Started by Woolly Bugger, September 27, 2013, 13:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

I've been tying in coffee shop for a while and brining my AC powered OttLite in with me, but the other day I saw a LED version and I thought it would be a cool light for tying in remote locations, camping and other places with limited AC power. 

The light is powered by 4 AA batteries and the compartment requires a phillips screwdriver to open. The 30 LEDs illuminate when the lamp is flipped open. It provides ample light and the color is quite natural. I'm not sure what the battery life will be but this lamp is a great addition to my portable fly tying ensemble. There is also a 6v jack in the back for an alternate power supply.

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

I bet with the LED bulbs the battery life will be much better than the old style bulb. I might have to check into getting one. Most of the ones i use now are Daylight lamps and they are a little cheaper than the Ott and are about the same light spectrum wise. I bought all mine at craft stores like Hobby Lobby, Michael's,  or JoAnne's. Sign up for their weekly email or buy something inexpensive one day and get one of those 40 or 50% off coupons. That's the way I bought all mine and that's a nice little savings on a $70-$80 light.  :D
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

22midge

Holly Man you can go direct to the Hobby Lobby website and print out the 40-50% coupon .My Wife keeps a stack in the glove box.You just cant use them on sale price items---got to use them on original price.
never let a day go by without telling your children how special they are----make a child smile today and gain a friend for life

Woolly Bugger

$21from Amazon

OttLite 290089 LED Handheld Task Lamp, White
http://amzn.com/B0056P4AIW
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Trout Maharishi

That's a really good price! ' c; I think I might order one for the camping gear box.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Dougfish

Thanks chief, done! Needed to order some lens filters anyhow. Free shipping w/the combo.