SRTU Sept. Meeting and Fish With A Friend Event

Started by Dougfish, September 03, 2013, 12:53:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

Meeting, September 5

Join us this Thursday for our regular meeting at 6:30 at Ranias restaurant in up-town Martinsville.
Regular business, fishing reports, River Fest and Clean Up reports, and a possible Oct. group fishing trip will be discussed.
Our featured presentation will be from Stephen Hiner, AKA Bugman, who will talk about the aquatic insect life you'll encounter on the Smith and other area streams. Wayne Kirkpatrick will bring his "tub of bugs" to assist.
A 50/50 or raffle is scheduled and you'll have an opportunity to buy chances on our limited edition framed print. When we sell 100 chances, we'll draw the winner. Don't snooze and lose!

Fish With A Friend

On Saturday, September 14th, we'll meet at the Mirror Plant parking area in Philpott for a day of fishing. Members are encouraged to bring a guest, newbies to the Smith, out of towners, etc. to fish with them and gain some insight to our wonderful river. Learn some favorite spots, how to fish some runs, gear tips, favorite flies, etc. We will be inviting the public, but members are encouraged to bring someone they know who has shown interest and needs a push or helping hand. Less experienced members need not be shy. If you want to fish with a more experienced club member, contact Scott Griffin ahead of time or just show up ready to go. We'll get you paired up! Plan to meet at 8AM and we'll hit the water by 8:30. We'll take a head count for lunch and fish til 1:00. Gather back at the parking area for lunch and lies and those that want to can continue fishing.
Scott – griffin.s.scott@gmail.com or 276-692-5857

Al

Great chance to learn all about what hatches are and are not predictable on the Smith at our Sept 5th meeting - Also great chance to meet old Bugman aka Mud Wall face to face. I will be there as well so be prepared to check your hardware at the door. :o  On serious side, you may be disappointed to learn Steve and I get along just fine and consider each other friends.

Another great opportunity to learn more about the Smith on Sept 14th when some of the "regulars" will steer you around and show you why we love the river.

Hope to see you at both events.

Beetle

Sounds like a good program!   

Has F You signed up yet?

wind_knot

Can I play too?!?! I would love to learn another body of water iffin, you'll have me. bd;0

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: wind_knot on September 04, 2013, 17:02:02 PM
Can I play too?!?! I would love to learn another body of water iffin, you'll have me. bd;0

Cone on, buy everybody a beer and we'll spill the beans
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

wind_knot

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 04, 2013, 17:15:23 PM

Beers. Check!

wind_knot

Quote from: wind_knot on September 04, 2013, 17:57:54 PM
Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 04, 2013, 17:15:23 PM

Beers. Check!

[attach=1]

Dougfish

If you fish with me I'll show you other patterns other than an Allieworm!  ;D

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Al on September 04, 2013, 14:49:10 PM
..... Steve and I get along just fine and consider each other friends.

Yes we are pals, BUT that friendship is in genuine jeopardy IF you do not introduce me to a few of those gals you hang out with, or at least show me how you do it.

I will see some of you dipsticks this evening!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon