Surfs up on the Jackson this Tuesday

Started by Dougfish, August 12, 2013, 07:47:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DRIFTS

Not that I could go fishn that day, but good to know, thanks for the heads up.  /'/
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Do any of you find this odd?  Wary of such scouring pulse?  Algae?  Really?   "Improve water quality"?  What does that mean?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 13, 2013, 09:23:58 AM
Do any of you find this odd?  Wary of such scouring pulse?  Algae?  Really?   "Improve water quality"?  What does that mean?

The didymo laughs in the face of the scouring flow!
It is odd. Why don't they just say they need to lower the lake and stop with the other BS?
The water quality thing is a real head scratcher. Are they saying the toilet (Covington) needs a second flushing?

wind_knot

It could use a third flushing if you ask me. Didymo can probably hang on well above the 3500cfs though.

wind_knot

Looks like the "cleansing" is in full effect!! Nothing like going from a steady 200-250 to a blow out of 3500!! When will people start thinking of the crawdads?!?!

[attach=1]

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I pass through Covington every two weeks, stopping for supplies, then traveling up the river road (Rt. 687).  Only certain sections of Covington need flushing. 

I stop and look at the river in places and have not seen that much Didymo.  Is it that bad this year?
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 13, 2013, 09:55:47 AM
I pass through Covington every two weeks, stopping for supplies, then traveling up the river road (Rt. 687).  Only certain sections of Covington need flushing. 

I stop and look at the river in places and have not seen that much Didymo.  Is it that bad this year?

I haven't been up since our ill-fated trip last fall. >:D

natureboy

The riverbanks there could certainly use a cleansing, thought it would take more like 35k to do the job...   p;-