You could see this coming...Kind of remind you of Irag

Started by Rod Champion, August 26, 2013, 10:24:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: benben on September 05, 2013, 12:26:18 PM
Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 05, 2013, 12:17:18 PM
Ben you are right, it's wrong and the Syrian government has evil people running it. Still best case senerio if we do this. Civilians will be killed and how do we know the ones who replace the current government won't be worse ? It's like so many of these other recent conflicts, how do we really know who the enemy is?

You are right too Steve.  Today's friend, turns into tomorrow's enemy.  Just look at the Russian conflict in Afghanistan and who we supported then and who we ended up fighting recently. 

Perfect example Ben. Look at the Shah of iran and Sadam Hussein. We were all for Iran when the Shah ran it, then all of a sudden we are against them because of a leadership change. Then we provide support to Sadam Hussein to fight Iran. Then next thing you know, he's gotta go. Same thing in Panama, we are all for General Noriega till we didn't have any use for him. Then he had to go. We have a long history of tampering in regime change. We have so many times in the past  claimed it was for human rights or Democracy and the next thing you know they are worse off than when we "assisted them". I have become skeptical of that, of course I'm just one old man.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Rod Champion

Yea- it is kind of like the French Man at the shop always says. " Let me tell you how to run your business, I've made a mess of mine."
It is like we don't have problems here, right?
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Rod Champion on September 04, 2013, 16:03:29 PM
Mohammed started the war .....

Was it not a Christian monk that informed Muhammed, when he was very young, that he was destined to become a prophet?  Those Christians never do anything wrong, do they? So do we blame Muhammed or that Christian monk?  Now this monk may have displayed some sacrilegious tendencies, but he was still a Christian.  I am blaming him for the whole darned mess!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

The Dude

Quote from: Trout Maharishi on September 05, 2013, 13:16:41 PM
Perfect example Ben. Look at the Shah of iran and Sadam Hussein. We were all for Iran when the Shah ran it, then all of a sudden we are against them because of a leadership change. Then we provide support to Sadam Hussein to fight Iran. Then next thing you know, he's gotta go. Same thing in Panama, we are all for General Noriega till we didn't have any use for him. Then he had to go. We have a long history of tampering in regime change. We have so many times in the past  claimed it was for human rights or Democracy and the next thing you know they are worse off than when we "assisted them". I have become skeptical of that, of course I'm just one old man.

Don't forget the way the Allies (British and French, but mostly the Brits) used Faisal's Army to gain control of the Middle East/SW Asia, only to back out on promise after promise after the war.  I honestly think if it had been handled differently and if the British and French would have stayed out of things and just let Faisal beallowed to freely execute his vision after the war, a lot of our current issues over there would not now exist.  But that's hindsight for ya..........
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Rod Champion

The truth is man really has no control of anything.. he is just a actor in the play.. leaders think they do this or that.. make their own decisons.. they don't .. history has already been written.... Mud.. you ought to read the Book... it tells it all.. and very much the ending....
and no amount of intellectual folly will change a thing.. not one thing.. I don't mean James Burke's books.. although Burke would probably agree with me......you ever read his books, Mud....But I am talking about the Book with a capital B........
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
423-878-2822

Beetle

Anyone read Lawrence In Arabia?    Saw it at the bookstore but didn't want to drop $30 today.   Will wait for used or paperback unless someone raves about it.   Thx

Trout Maharishi

Quote from: Beetle on September 05, 2013, 22:21:55 PM
Anyone read Lawrence In Arabia?    Saw it at the bookstore but didn't want to drop $30 today.   Will wait for used or paperback unless someone raves about it.   Thx

Public library brother 'c;

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

wind_knot

Loved the video TM!! Made me laugh quite a few times.

Rod Champion

Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
423-878-2822

ajhock

Owned again.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/assad-dictates-to-obama-stop-arming-rebels-or-no-deal/article/2535700

Bring the UN sanctions.  Inspections delayed or denied.  Deadlines missed.  Build a coalition. Get Congress on board.  Been there done that.  This could go on for a while.
""Beauty is truth, truth beauty," - that is all Ye know on earth, and all ye need to know."-J. Keats

Dougfish

Trout Maharishi

Barry is in a tough spot. No matter what he does it's going to piss someone off. We are so deeply divided as a nation any more that ir's crippling our ability to succeed on any level at anything. I want them all to stop playing games and do what's right, or at the very least what the people that put them in office want them to do. Damn PC >:D
― Charles Bukowski