News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

College Football 2013

Started by Big J, August 22, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Toris

One thing we all can agree upon;  the vols will suck this year.

And next probably

Grannyknot

Quote from: wildmttrout on August 23, 2013, 14:48:37 PM
One thing we all can agree upon;  the vols will suck this year.

And next probably

indeed.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

sanjuanwormhatch

Vols are bringing in a strong crop NSD 2014.  If all goes as planned up 'till february.

Yeah get gas, take a shit, and eat before you leave savannah.  I recommend Ronnies off of Dean Forest for all of the above.  If you don't have to shit, a ronnies cheeseburger and milshake should do the trick. 

Big J

South Georgia loves their football.  Valdosta is nuts for their high school football.  The whole entire school is giant pile of crap, but their football locker room and stadium is top of the line.  Their gym has a bathroom that is just a toliet sitting in the open.  I know because I walked in during a wrestling tournament there and there was someone crapping on it. 

P.S.  No offence taken SJWH

sanjuanwormhatch

Valdosta v. Lowndes is up there with Permian v. Odessa.  Epic rivalry.  Books written about it.  ESPN named Valdosta titletown one year.  That place is nuts. 

Michael Toris

Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on August 23, 2013, 15:12:16 PM
Vols are bringing in a strong crop NSD 2014.  If all goes as planned up 'till february.

It really does seem that Butch can recruit his ass off. Number one class (rivals) right now, but February is a long time off.

Interested in seeing him on the field tho. That is where shit hits the fan.

In conclusion, my dog could have recruited and coached better than Dooley.

troutboy_II

Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 22, 2013, 21:49:42 PM
I'm on my phone and not sure if this video will come through. If not, Google "Georgia Tech - Freshman Convocation". 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=98nNpzE6gIs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D98nNpzE6gIs%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

I've gotten the url from a number of folks over the last few days.  All I can say is, the kid speaking is right.  When I got out of there with a diploma, I felt like I could do anything and my Tech education has never let me down.  Now that I'm about to retire, I even more fully appreciate that.  Maybe the sports is sub par some years (too many of late) but the education is top notch and I value that the most.

The only other thing I could offer, having watched that clip a couple of times is - why don't the Asian kids learn how to turn up the bill of their Rat caps first thing?  They did the same thing over 40 years ago.  Sheesh...  Given their intellects, I just don't get it.  Oh well...

Go Jackets!

TB

P.S.  I believe the beloved board member F. You attended Clemons Tiger Clown College... :P
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: troutboy_II on August 23, 2013, 15:51:48 PM

Maybe the sports is sub par some years (too many of late) but the education is top notch and I value that the most.

Sorry couldn't resist the irony. 

croaker

Quote from: steelrain202 on August 22, 2013, 15:21:59 PM
Go App

Quote from: steelrain202 on August 23, 2013, 12:16:32 PM

Ever been to a Georgia Southern game? It's brutal

ASU vs GSU is one of the best rivalries in football.  Hard to win at The Rock.    bd;0

Quote from: benben on August 23, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
That county used to be dry...hell it may even still be.  I had a number of friends that went there, huge partying school, but you couldn't buy alcohol in the county.  That part of Georgia might as well be on another planet, at least as far as the rest of GA is concerned.

Au contraire mon fraire,  been buying beer & wine since 1975 here in Bulloch County (legally since 1978).  Still have to go to the county line to buy a bottle of  government taxed liquor in 2013  b';
-you can't conquer a free man; the most you can do is kill him.  Robert A. Heinlein.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: croaker on August 24, 2013, 21:22:45 PM

Quote from: benben on August 23, 2013, 12:30:04 PM
That county used to be dry...hell it may even still be.  I had a number of friends that went there, huge partying school, but you couldn't buy alcohol in the county.  That part of Georgia might as well be on another planet, at least as far as the rest of GA is concerned.

Au contraire mon fraire,  been buying beer & wine since 1975 here in Bulloch County (legally since 1978).  Still have to go to the county line to buy a bottle of  government taxed liquor in 2013  b';

Ah yes, I stand corrected...my friends were running to the county line for liquor. 

I remember camping up in north GA a number of years ago, in White County to be exact, and we have to drive forever it seemed just to get beer.  We didn't plan on camping in a completely dry county.

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: wildmttrout on August 23, 2013, 15:42:48 PM
Quote from: sanjuanwormhatch on August 23, 2013, 15:12:16 PM

It really does seem that Butch can recruit his ass off. Number one class (rivals) right now, but February is a long time off.

Interested in seeing him on the field tho. That is where shit hits the fan.

In conclusion, my dog could have recruited and coached better than Dooley.

While Willie sucked ass as a DC, he was a good secondary coach.  That being said Jancek was a god awful LB coach and I have serious doubts he'll be a good SEC DC. 

wind_knot

AL trout bum

I am just taking solace in the fact that Auburn can't be any worse than last year...
"Sloppy and rough wading have saved more trout than any regulation written by man."

5xTippett

Anybody watching the game between the 2 Carolinas tonight?

Clemsontygerfan

I googled "USC football schedule 2013" to see what time the game starts. The only responses I got were for Univ of Southern Cal. Why is that?