News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

College Football 2013

Started by Big J, August 22, 2013, 09:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Quote from: Jfey on August 22, 2013, 14:12:58 PM

No opinion on Braxton Miller following Archie Griffin, Eddie George and Troy Smith's footprints?  ;D   Wait, don't answer, I'm pretty sure I know your opinion.

I'm sorry, my eyes have a bad habit of glancing over and missing such crap.   8)

Grannyknot

One things for sure.  Tennessee is going to suck again.
People here in Knoxville still rock their 1998 national championship clothing.
The state still issues commemorative license plates for the 97-98 season.
Seems like an eternity ago....oh wait, it was.
Flea is not the best bassist of all time.

gamatt53

uga grad here I sure hope #3 comes to fruition.

WRector

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 22, 2013, 10:39:37 AM
Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 22, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
I have serious doubts about #3.  They have to play the nation's best team the first game of the season and then trickle down to a few other mediocre teams.

Yeah right!  Clemson is the nation's best team.

A few things you will never hear a Clemson fan say:

I'll take Shakespeare for 1000, Alex.
Let's go to the museum.
Nope, no more for me. I'm driving tonight.
I have reviewed your application.
I thought Graceland was tacky.
I just couldn't find a thing at Walmart today.
I think we should get to know each other better first.

Of all the teams you had to choose from to make a mockery of Muddy, it had to be Clemson.  I would think after the last three meetings that you would have been humbled a little bit.   ;D  PS I haven't had a chance to experiment with the flies you sent last year.  The Soho was dirtier than chocolate milk weekend before last, but the above average were still willing to play underneath.

I think Clemson has a shot at something special this year.  That's if the secondary can learn how to actually cover someone and we can get some pressure on the QB. 

UGA will be a tough test right of the gate, but I think home field advantage and gameday in town will have the crowd rocking at the "real" death valley and prove to much for Murray and Gurshall, unless they can somehow put the game away early.

Good luck gents and Go Tigers!
There's a big difference between a dry fly dancing through
a riffle and a weighted fur ball dragging on the bottom.

Clemsontygerfan

I'm on my phone and not sure if this video will come through. If not, Google "Georgia Tech - Freshman Convocation". 

http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=98nNpzE6gIs&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D98nNpzE6gIs%26feature%3Dyoutu.be

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: WRector on August 22, 2013, 19:12:40 PM
Of all the teams you had to choose from to make a mockery of Muddy, it had to be Clemson.  I would think after the last three meetings that you would have been humbled a little bit.   ;D 
Good luck gents and Go Tigers!

I was trying to lighten up that bible-toting Clemson fan, my new pal.  But you are correct, and I could have used those same ridicules for VT, NCSt, or any other land grant institution.  I happen to have an appreciation for those brands of schools.  I will, for the remainder of this fall season, promise to single out only those ACC snobatoriums (you know who they are) .... well, they are such easy targets.  I suppose I could have featured the obvious punching bag, UVA, but it gets old beating up the neighborhood kid that hardly ever wins.

I think VT is going to have an interesting year – hard to judge the unknown (new coaches and scheme).  I do hope the ACC does well.
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

The Dude

I hate to say it, but VT is still 2-3 years away.  Hokies are second-tier in the ACC (which is a second-tier conference itself).
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

Jfey

I'm glad to see VT/WVU re-start the rivalry, although not until 2021.  The only time I was in Blackburg was for the(I think) last game between the two.  Some Hokie fan wanted to fight me b/c he thought my name was Frank and that I had somehow disrespected him in the past.  He was wearing a Cat and the Hat style hat with a Mr T level of Mardi Gras beads and it took me a few minutes to understand what he was saying, so I wasn't all that concerned.  If I recall at the end of the game all the WVU fans started throwing bottles etc at the players.  Fun times.
Yup, going fishing

Dougfish

Quote from: Jfey on August 23, 2013, 08:29:59 AM
I'm glad to see VT/WVU re-start the rivalry, although not until 2021.  The only time I was in Blackburg was for the(I think) last game between the two.  Some Hokie fan wanted to fight me b/c he thought my name was Frank and that I had somehow disrespected him in the past.  He was wearing a Cat and the Hat style hat with a Mr T level of Mardi Gras beads and it took me a few minutes to understand what he was saying, so I wasn't all that concerned.  If I recall at the end of the game all the WVU fans started throwing bottles etc at the players.  Fun times.

I've gone to games at Lane and to Morganhole. There is nothing like some likkered up 'Eers. Not that there aren't a fair share of idiot Hokie fans. I said I wouldn't go back to WVU for another game after that experience.  The state troopers just stood back and let anything happen outside the stadium short of murder. The stands were no mans land also. Men had to go to the bathroom in groups to prevent getting jumped.
Now they sell beer in the stadium. O joy. That will make the event more civil.
PS. Almost all my in-laws are WVU grads. They are not the battery throwing type, though.

Jfey

PS. Almost all my in-laws are WVU grads. They are not the battery throwing type, though.
[/quote]

Me too, although I think some might be the battery throwing type. 
Yup, going fishing

sanjuanwormhatch

Quote from: Clemsontygerfan on August 22, 2013, 10:17:59 AM
I have serious doubts about #3.  They have to play the nation's best team the first game of the season and then trickle down to a few other mediocre teams.

Holy shit.  Are you serious?  All this God stuff has destroyed your brain.*

*With apologies to BigJ if joke offends. 

benben reincarnated

Quote from: steelrain202 on August 23, 2013, 12:16:32 PM
Quote from: Jfey on August 23, 2013, 08:29:59 AM
Ever been to a Georgia Southern game? It's brutal

That county used to be dry...hell it may even still be.  I had a number of friends that went there, huge partying school, but you couldn't buy alcohol in the county.  That part of Georgia might as well be on another planet, at least as far as the rest of GA is concerned. 

sanjuanwormhatch

I think croaker is from ol' Bulloch County.  He may chime in. 

The Dude

I remember driving from Savannah to Atlanta about 7 or 8 years ago.  All I could think of when I got a few miles inland on I-16 was, "Holy shit, this has to be the most desolate expanse of land on the Eastern Seaboard.  I hope my car doesn't break down or I'm screwed.  Thank God I have a full tank of gas."  Statesboro was a mini-oasis, I guess, but even then there wasn't much happening.  I didn't feel like I was back in civilization until I hit Macon.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: steelrain202 on August 23, 2013, 13:08:53 PM
He is from Statesboro. We've gone there and beat them. Had hamburgers and beer cans thrown at us. Had a 6 yr old flip me off last year and told me to fuck off back to Boone. They threw a rock threw one of the team bus windows a few years ago. They don't call that place "The Stink" for nothing.

In their minds you were yankees from North Carolina.  You just as well have been General Sherman on his march to the sea.