As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

too much water

Started by benben, July 07, 2013, 14:17:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Dang, 80 inches for rain  :o

Transylwader

It's been a tough year on the warm water front locally, the Neuse has been unfishable primarily because the ACE has had to release 2-3K cfs 4-5 days a week just to keep Falls Lake from breaking the impoundment. Parts of Raleigh have seen 70"+, fucking nuts.
As for Transylvania County? There are no trouts there...

Aka

Is it just a coincidence that
the graph data looks a map of western North Carolina? I don't know, might be a conspiracy.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AK Aaron on August 14, 2013, 10:49:56 AM
Is it just a coincidence that
the graph data looks a map of western North Carolina? I don't know, might be a conspiracy.

If blacked out panel vans show up at your house with heavily armed men, don't be surprised.

wind_knot

My county is divided in half by a 3000 foot mountain range. This "USUALLY" divides us into a northern "dry" half and a southern "wet" half. I live in the northern half and have had over 35" of rain and the wet half has only had five or so more inches. The fishing in the blue lines has still got to be strong. I may go find out soon and report back here. I think you guys could use a few SWVA blue lines in your blood.

Dougfish

Quote from: wind_knot on August 14, 2013, 12:24:13 PM
........ I may go find out soon and report back here. I think you guys could use a few SWVA blue lines in your blood.

Time to man up, Windy.  -+;

wind_knot

Quote from: Dougfish on August 14, 2013, 12:53:36 PM
........ I may go find out soon and report back here. I think you guys could use a few SWVA blue lines in your blood.

Put up or shut as they say. Should have a few answers soon. You guys will be the only to know as I'm not sure the "other" board can handle such info!!

benben reincarnated

This just in...

A recent national study by National Climatic Data Center on precipitation anomalies shows Asheville's 2013 rainfall total represents the largest departure from normal out of 180 cities reviewed.

The study focused on rainfall totals from January-July of this year at medium to large metro areas with longterm weather observation stations, with emphasis on the difference in 2013 amounts from historical averages.

Through the end of July, Asheville recorded 51.81 inches of rain, which was a whopping 24.60 inches above normal.

Asheville's rainfall total now is more than 57 inches — closing in on the yearly record of 64.91 inches set in 1973, Crouch said. It's not really a matter of whether the record will be broken, but when.

wind_knot

It's a wonder the southeast hasn't slid off into the ocean!!

wind_knot

Quote from: wind_knot on August 14, 2013, 19:35:54 PM
Quote from: Dougfish on August 14, 2013, 12:53:36 PM

Put up or shut as they say. Should have a few answers soon. You guys will be the only to know as I'm not sure the "other" board can handle such info!!

Just to let you know Doug, I went on Friday and found nothing. I did narrow out a few streams and have two serious potentials that are slightly blown out due to all of the rain (go figure). I'm still looking though!!

Transylwader

I hammer SW VA. Trust me, the place doesn't need any unneeded attention. I like bluelines to myself. And my reports? I lie like a cheap watch. I'll say Im in Transylvania County, butIm actually fishing around Jeb Stuart Highway...jis sayin'

Michael Toris

Quote from: Transylwader on August 19, 2013, 15:26:29 PM
I hammer SW VA. Trust me, the place doesn't need any unneeded attention. I like bluelines to myself. And my reports? I lie like a cheap watch. I'll say Im in Transylvania County, butIm actually fishing around Jeb Stuart Highway...jis sayin'