News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

We got out (Mediocrity II)

Started by Dougfish, August 18, 2013, 07:08:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dougfish

There was a baby shower scheduled at our house for Saturday. The new G-dad to be knew enough to get out of there. I cleaned up the house, picked up my messes and made plans. Consumnfire and I decided to hit a small stream instead of our local tailwater. Rain? Meh. It might be flush with water, but it will be clear. And the forecast should keep the public away. It's bow time!
Cucumbertree, Magnolia acuminata fruit and Dodder, Cuscuta  for this episode's horticultural element.

The fish were slow to dial in and not spread out as usual. Scott was short line nymphing and I stuck with my dry/dropper rig. He was scoring more than I, probably because his fly was getting to the bottom better. I didn't get too many fish pics because those bows were extra fiesty and did not want to pose. We kept climbing and starting getting into some brookies, too. A light rain started and we fished on. Freakin' nettles!

We hiked out in a gathering rain, he went south, I north. We didn't slay them, but we were happy that the rain held out and we got to fish one of our favorites. In these high water times, I got out twice this week. Feeling lucky about that. Lots of traveling ahead for me, so I needed that!
0:0

benben reincarnated

Clear water is good to find this summer for sure. Glad you were able to get out.

consumnfire1229

Continued...photo heavy

[attach=1]

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

WTF(oul hook) was that...

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

Last time I fished this stream in the exact same spot, I managed to snag myself in the tree limbs above...Got both of my flies back this time...

[attach=6]

[attach=7]

[attach=8]

[attach=9]

Relaxing at the bench after a hard day on the creek...

[attach=10]

"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Dougfish

:o Who's the old dude?!
Good pics, Scott. I slept like a baby. Maybe the numerous cocktails and big dinner helped.  -0-

Big J

Nice nice.  Me knows where this is. Heard it was a terrible stream  8)

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on August 18, 2013, 15:07:43 PM
Nice nice.  Me knows where this is. Heard it was a terrible stream  8)
Just turible. No fish. Don't bother.

The Dude

I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

wind_knot

Me likes the pictures. Evidently, it's the only part I am able to understand!