Can you teach old dogs new tricks?

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, August 15, 2013, 07:53:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Religion, I suppose, has been nixed, but politics remains applicable?

Heck fire it doesn't matter.  I'll poke the swarm anyway, because the evolution of political direction intrigues me.

For the love of St. Peter!  Now the old farts are jumping ship?  - If you believe a pollster from the left.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/are-seniors-souring-on-the-republican-party/278550/
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

wind_knot

Just goes to show how corrupt Obastard and his group of fuck ups and misfits really is. As long as the fuckwad in office is allowed to run around, completely unchallenged by the media (he owns them), the GOP (heads up their asses and too scared to do a goddamned thing), and the American voter (brainwashed idiots that let lame stream media do their thinking for them) we, the informed will never stand a chance.

RiverbumCO

You could move to Mexico, Whine Knot.
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Big J

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 15, 2013, 07:53:36 AM
Religion, I suppose, has been nixed, but politics remains applicable?

Heck fire it doesn't matter.  I'll poke the swarm anyway, because the evolution of political direction intrigues me.

For the love of St. Peter!  Now the old farts are jumping ship?  - If you believe a pollster from the left.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2013/08/are-seniors-souring-on-the-republican-party/278550/

Being senile must suck.  Hope I don't have that side affect when I get senile.

troutboy_II

Quote from: RiverbumCO on August 15, 2013, 08:20:30 AM
You could move to Mexico, Whine Knot.

X2..

And, as an almost 64 year old, I'm fed up with all of them.  All of them!

But I still have hope that the US voter will begin to think once again and decide that things need to change.  Frankly, the kind of comments by Whine Knot just continue an unproductive debate that sounds more like 3 year olds on the playground - call each other names, making fun of the other guy (oops - Sorry about that wind_knot  ;D), and generally not contributing to the greater good.  While I agree that much of the media bows one direction, there are plenty that bow the other - many of whom are posted on this site I might add.

We need serious people in DC to represent us instead of their next campaign.  I don't have the answer on how to make that happen, but I think somehow it will.  Hopefully while I'm still breathing...

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Big J on August 15, 2013, 08:31:05 AM
Being senile must suck.  Hope I don't have that side affect when I get senile.

Quotes just for you, Big J.

"When you become senile, you won't know it."  Bill Cosby

"Young men have a passion for regarding their elders as senile."  Henry Adams

"We'll be friends until we are old and senile. And then, we will be NEW friends!!"  Unknown

"I am in the prime of my senility"  Joel Harris

Trout Maharishi

"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

wind_knot

And FOR THE RECORD, tell me I am wrong? Tell me that this president isn't putting us deeper into the shitter. Tell me that the last one WASN'T wasting billions of dollars a month on a war that needlessly killed thousands (on both sides, military and civilian), and that it should have been ended only months (not over a decade)!!! Tell me how cutting the funds to the space program was a good idea. Tell me how cutting back on defense, local and abroad, making up a sector called ICE (whom I may add have pretty much free reign to do "as they see fit" is actually helping us. Tell me how a Homeland Security with unchecked balances and the freedom to seize you and everything you own, in the name of terrorism of course, is really benefitting the general American people.

Let me ask you this, I call out the president, whom I don't trust, the political parties, whom I don't trust, and the modern version of politics, which I don't trust and you two start calling me names! I did not directly attack you, your children or any of your relatives so where do you get the fuck off??? This is supposed to be a debate, not telling me I am whining because I do not share your point of view. You then resort to name calling? Really? Who's the one having issues?!

I think anyone who still believes in politics, where the rich, egotistical, self-serving few are allowed to run the hard working, tax paying man or woman in to the ground should re-evaluate their meaning of political.

That is all

</rant>

troutboy_II

I don't disagree with much that you've said.  And I had to review my post again about the name calling (I was pulling your leg there I admit), but reread your original post and then decide who was resorting to name calling.  But I digress...

As for your poor me crap about the Man, that's old hat and really is whining.  Suggest some solutions.  I'd love to hear them.  But all the ranting about Obama (that's President Obastard to you bub!) is tiresome to continue hearing.  Do you have a better plan?  I admit I don't, but I would love to hear yours.

Stick to your rational points of arguement and tell us what you think the solutions are.  Then we will mock you!   :-*

TB
When fishing, a person ought to carry a flask of whisky in case of snakebite. Furthermore, he ought to also carry along a small snake.

overbrook

Quote from: wind_knot on August 15, 2013, 15:42:51 PM

I did not directly attack you, your children or any of your relatives so where do you get the fuck off??? This is supposed to be a debate, not telling me I am whining because I do not share your point of view. You then resort to name calling? Really?
</rant>

Welcome to BRFFF   ....If ya can't handle the heat stay out of the kitchen.  -0- -0- -0-

BTW....I'm actually on your side as far as the politics go.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Forget Bush, forget Obama.  The fact that the old fogey group may be changing their posture (senility or not) is interesting.  What does it all mean?  The detritus from the shifting winds are fun to watch. 

What the heck do I know?  I am just one of those barely literate monkeys riding this spaceship rock through the universe, looking for a banana, and trying to have fun. 

The Dude

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 15, 2013, 16:58:42 PM

What the heck do I know?  I am just one of those barely literate monkeys riding this spaceship rock through the universe, looking for a banana, and trying to have fun.

I masturbate a lot in public, eat bugs that I pick from other peoples' hair, and fling my own poop at the walls and passersby.
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

flatlander

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 15, 2013, 16:58:42 PM
Forget Bush, forget Obama.  The fact that the old fogey group may be changing their posture (senility or not) is interesting.  What does it all mean?  The detritus from the shifting winds are fun to watch. 

The "old fogeys" are dead or dying.  The "60's generation" are the new old fogeys.  I guess it makes sense demographically.  When I read the beliefs of those polled, all I can say is DETROIT.

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Flatlander on August 15, 2013, 19:04:37 PM
The "old fogeys" are dead or dying.  The "60's generation" are the new old fogeys.  I guess it makes sense demographically.  When I read the beliefs of those polled, all I can say is DETROIT.

Detroit?  Flats, forget about the Motor City!  NC and its vecordious voter bill is the center of curiosity .  Mattoids must abound in your wonderful state.  I feel for you and Beetle.

flatlander

Me thinks thou Democrats protest too much on this voter ID thing.   I really don't see why showing an ID to vote is such a big issue.  You have to show an I'd to get on a plane, cash a check, buy sudafed, get into a bar...what's the big deal?