News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Update

Started by twinbridges, August 10, 2013, 13:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

Well, I got back to Twin on the 1st to a confirmed 90 mph wind and hail storm that knocked down 3 of my big trees including the biggest tree in Twin.  Fortunately they fell into the street, killing my fence and breaking the sidewalk.  Worked with neighbors into the night and all the next day sawing and loading etc and feeling not so good about losing my trees.

Fished the Beaverhead on Saturday and caught some really big brown trout which made me feel better.  Then late drove to Rock Creek near Phillipsburg and camped fishing on Sunday morning and after finding  the right fly and a bit of light on the river caught a bunch of nice bows, cuts and browns.  Then drove 4 1/2 hours to Troy Mt in the nw corner of the state.  Fished the Koonteni on Monday and caught some nice bows.  Saw some giant bull trout but they did not eat the big streamers with threw at them.

Camped that night at a pristine stream in the middle of no where.  It was like being on Walden Pond.  No one within miles and stars bigger than you can imagine.  Fished the stream the next morning and caught some very nice cutts on cinnamon ant.  Incredible piece of water.

Headed south, camped at Lake Como near Darby and then to Twin the next day via Wisdom and following the Big Hole.

Friday filled with giant equipment moving stumps etc.

This will take some time to put back together, new trees, new sidewalk, new fence and some sod.  Damn shame.   Insurance guy was nice and left a check but the big trees are gone.  Pics to follow.

twinbridges

Woolly Bugger

Well played on the browns at least
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

Rhody

nice sheep and butterbellies, prime campsites, hate to hear about the tree, the one in your yard was a champion!
My picture weighs more than your picture.
J.M.

sanjuanwormhatch

Very nice pictures.

benben reincarnated

Absolutely gorgeous.

troutphisher

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

wind_knot

You wouldn't happen to need someone to tag along for a (long) while, would ya???

Your trip reports and pictures are nothing short of amazing!!

The wildlife you see (and catch!) is simply amazing, couple that with the landscapes that will take your breath away and you have a hell of a TR. but the one thing I keep coming back to is your rig and its setup!! One day I will own an FJ and it will grow up to look like yours (I hope!!)!!!

twinbridges

you will sleep like a baby in some beautiful places!