Feb 1, 2014 Fly Fishing Fair, Pigeon Forge TN

Started by kirksouthtrout, August 08, 2013, 07:46:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kirksouthtrout

A free to the attend event, Southern Trout's Fly Fishing Fair will occur on February 1, 2014 at the new LeConte Center in Pigeon Forge. Part of the 24th annual Wilderness Wildlife Week, the day long event begins at 8:00am and ends at 7:00pm. An impressive array of experts on southern trout fishing will be speaking along with over a dozen of the top fly tyers in the region set up to demonstrate their skills. I will post more when the program is published. Also, the latest issue (Aug/Sept) of Southern Trout can be viewed for free at www.southerntrout.com

Oh yeah, please don't regard this as spim, or is it spam, me not know---am little gear in big machine of life--just would like you to look at a magazine we work very hard to create for southern trout fishermen like you. BRFFF seems like a group made up of nice guys. Please don't prove me wrong on this.
dk

The Dude

Quote from: kirksouthtrout on August 08, 2013, 07:46:36 AM
An impressive array of experts on southern trout fishing will be speaking along with over a dozen of the top fly tyers in the region set up to demonstrate their skills.

Is TM on the list of presenters?  If not, then it is a sham.............and, ironically enough, if so, then it is even more of a sham.   ???
I was born by the river in a little tent, And just like the river I've been running ever since, It's been a long, long time coming, But I know change is gonna come.

benben reincarnated

Quote from: kirksouthtrout on August 08, 2013, 07:46:36 AM
BRFFF seems like a group made up of nice guys. Please don't prove me wrong on this.

Don't hold your breath and please stand by for disappointment...

Big J

I've always been 50/50 with Don Kirk on these forums posting spam.  I've heard great things about him and seem to chalk it up as "he's just old" but like I said I'm 50/50.  Doesn't matter though because I never go to fly fishing shows or events.  They are always the perfect time to go fishing because a lot of fly fisherman are at the show.  Especially the Harrisonburg show, it makes the SNP a prime target to fish whatever you want  /'/

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

I think Don is an OK guy.

I used to go to several fly angling shows, but now I am more interested in these types of exhibitions. 

Lifestyles After 50 Fun Fest
Golden Future 50+ Senior Expo
Moab Senior Games
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

wind_knot

Hell, I'll go. What's wrong with promoting something such as this. I'll even let you guys have my spot on the streams that day. It's supposed to be fun, not stir up a bunch of ol' "hey you kids, get off my fawkin grass!!" responses.

So take my spot on the water for the day. I'll be at the show promoting the trade and helping future generations learn the art that is tossing tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into a little stream, all in the hopes of landing a few fish for the day. That you have no plans on taking home.  ;D

RiverbumCO

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on August 08, 2013, 12:07:16 PM
Lifestyles After 50 Fun Fest
Golden Future 50+ Senior Expo
Moab Senior Games

My man.

...and the magazine sucks
My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Trout Maharishi

No i didn't get an invite. I guess the cat is out of the bag. I'm just a has been now days :P. Guess that's why I only get invited to tie at places like Somerset NJ, Denver, Lancaster PA, ect :P Too close to the show in WS anyway. Plus I can't get over the mountain passes that time of year, and even if I could, I can't fish over there like I can when I go to Troutfest. Don is a decent guy, he's just trying to make a buck off doing something he loves like so many others in the fly fishing community now days. His online magazine  is worth taking a look at if you haven't already.
"We're all going to die, all of us, what a circus! That alone should make us love each other but it doesn't. We are terrorized and flattened by trivialities, we are eaten up by nothing."
― Charles Bukowski

Peddler

Quote from: wind_knot on August 08, 2013, 16:11:24 PM

So take my spot on the water for the day. I'll be at the show promoting the trade and helping future generations learn the art that is tossing tens of thousands of dollars and thousands of hours into a little stream, all in the hopes of landing a few fish for the day. That you have no plans on taking home.  ;D

Dang man... a selfless comment... good on ya!
The early bird may get the worm,
but the second mouse gets the cheese.