Main Menu

Another SoHo Sunday!

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 29, 2013, 09:31:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

troutphisher

Thanks Rod.

I was digging through some old pictures and found this picture of a soho sulfur spinner with an egg sack.
Really interesting how the egg sack is carried, note the low position, the egg sack protrudes from the abdomen down and is about twice the diameter of the abdomen.

I would like to try and tie in the egg sack in this position, maybe create the sack first, then tie it (or cinch) it to the hook so it hangs low?

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane.

Rod Champion

interesting dilema Karl.... I use to fish spinner falls , a lot. Clear wings are another situation..What material is clear..
If you and Keith will remind me, in May I will put you in the biggest spinner fall on the SoHo. From one side of the riffle to the other side of the riffle - many feet high are literally many, many thousands  of Spinners waiting their turn to drop into the riffle. There are many riffles that spinners come to, but this is the grandest of them all. You guys would be able to appreciate it. And it will happen, it always has.
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822