Colorado bears need beer too.. Unlimited Bear Thread!

Started by Woolly Bugger, July 27, 2013, 15:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Woolly Bugger

ESTES PARK, CO (KCNC/CNN) – An eyewitness says patrons of a Colorado bar were oblivious when a black bear made its way inside for a cold one.

Lonigan's Bar in the heart of Estes Park, CO was where a black bear took a wooden bear statue's welcome too literally.

The black bear started his evening dumpster diving. After not finding any suitable food, he went bar hopping.

Eyewitness Daniel Lyell followed the bear right into the bar. He snapped a picture as he tried to warn the imbibing customers of impeding danger.
\\

http://kctv.membercenter.worldnow.com/story/22937740/bear-pulls-up-stool-in-rocky-mtn-bar
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

RiverbumCO

Theres a bar in Beaver Creek Village near Vail called the Dusty Boot.  Pretty nice place to drink a beer.  In the summer when the snow was gone and the ski hill was a bear frolic site, there were constant tourist-bear run ins.  One time in particular the kitchen staff at the Boot had a back door open while they were cleaning up at night.  Bear comes in, sits down, and eats a soda syrup bag and a vat of grease. 

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/pepsi-craving-bear-breaks-into-beaver-creek-bar

I was fortunate enough to draw elk tags each year, and i did quite a bit of shed hunting in the spring, and it would always amaze me to see a 15" diameter log rolled out of place so the bear could eat the worms underneath.  If the underside of the log was still damp, i would usually turn my ass around.  Strong critters.

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

Michael Toris

Snakes, no problem (even poisonous ones)

Bears, nope.  not even once

Stone-Man

Yesterday, I had a bear of at least 500 lbs in my driveway. By the time I got the camera, he was too deep in the woods to get a clean photo

JT

wind_knot

Quote from: Stone-Man on July 28, 2013, 15:33:50 PM
Yesterday, I had a bear of at least 500 lbs in my driveway. By the time I got the camera, he was too deep in the woods to get a clean photo

JT

Photo or shot?

Woolly Bugger

bear shindig captured on game camera!

-0- /'/ -0-
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.

RiverbumCO

UNLIMITED BEAR THREAD!

Do it, Bugz

Transylwader

Estes Park...
Even the tourists are so off their tits, they forget they're in Colorado. I was so high while fishing The Loch, I had to drink pedialite and retreat to Longmont before I got sick...

Woolly Bugger

and bird seed, they really like bird seed....

my friend Pam, in Colorado Springs, posted up these pics of Mama and Cubs raiding her bird feeders, she had been taking them in at night, but on morning she got some visitors, needless to say the birds will have to fend for themselves the rest of the year....

Guests are not allowed to view images in posts, please Register or Login

me -There's a season?

Stone-Man

I had a bear that I would guess at 300 lbs turn over my garbage container this morning. We yelled at him and he took off.
I have not seen the monster bear in a month

JT

Al

Folks get it trouble when they forget they are dealing with a wild creature. No matter how cute they are, if you insist on getting a close up without a telescopic lens or getting in the photo with a bear in the background you are a mauling waiting to happen.

Woolly Bugger

Quote from: Al on September 03, 2013, 16:22:11 PM
Folks get it trouble when they forget they are dealing with a wild creature. No matter how cute they are, if you insist on getting a close up without a telescopic lens or getting in the photo with a bear in the background you are a mauling waiting to happen.

She was inside the house, still looks too close for comfort! A glass door isn't any protection.
me -There's a season?

benben reincarnated

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 03, 2013, 16:30:32 PM

Quote from: Al on September 03, 2013, 16:22:11 PM

She was inside the house, still looks too close for comfort! A glass door isn't any protection.

Fuck that.  I'd feel the same way about a glass door if there were brown bears on my deck.

Native Fisher

Quote from: benben on September 03, 2013, 19:23:47 PM

Quote from: Woolly Bugger on September 03, 2013, 16:30:32 PM

Fuck that.  I'd feel the same way about a glass door if there were brown bears on my deck.

Especially with a Momma bear that large while protecting her cub.

RiverbumCO

Quote from: benben on September 03, 2013, 19:23:47 PM

Brown phase black bear, or 'cinnamon.' No grizz in CO since 1973.

I had a neighbor out there who had a big bear grab and push the beam above his sliding glass door, shaking the whole exterior wall.  He had gotten fucked up and forgot to clean his kitchen after cooking a big meal.