Main Menu

Recent Pics

Started by twinbridges, May 28, 2013, 09:14:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

twinbridges

A few from recent days.

twinbridges

twinbridges

Sorry for the repeats....skill set not too high!!

Big J

I don't mind repeats when they are pictures like this.  Looks like your having a good time out there, very jealous.

natureboy

That's a sweet set-up, nice fish too!

Woolly Bugger

sweet, I can only dream about a rig like that... who knows what the future holds....

ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

benben reincarnated

Dat's nice.  Looks almost like you are out on a safari with that sweet camping set up. 

Transylwader

This is why the west won me over, big wild browns in big pretty open spaces.

twinbridges

Thanks guys.  I worked like a dog but am one lucky dude to get to play in the West and I know the difference between getting lucky and not getting smarter.  I sometimes think that people who have good luck think somehow that made them smarter. 

Rivers are bumping again today but still I think fine as long as they will come up slowly.  Tomorrow will tell.

jwgnc

Thanks Twin.

I was lucky enough to fish the same waters a few times, and your posts bring back the memories.

Stalk softly and carry a green stick.

sanjuanwormhatch

Just curious, what do you do out there?  (Or for the rest of the year to be able to spend extended periods of time out there).

twinbridges

I am retired so I have time to play.  And I try to play pretty hard.  Worked pretty hard for a good while and when it was enough I called it a day.

wind_knot

bd;0 I am REALLY digging the rig!!! bd;0

I miss wide open expanses like this!!

I grew up in California fishing above the tree line on real mountains! Fast forward 20+ years and I find myself in the Appalachian "Mountains" (don't get me wrong, there is a beauty here unmatched anywhere in the world I've been too so far).

My biggest adventures here usually involves me trying not to dry land drown in my own sweat though. It seems that everywhere you go here you are surrounded by people. It was nothing to spend a week in the Sierra Nevada's and never see another soul. Here, your lucky to make it to a trail head with out running into someone. It takes a special kind of fly fisher out here though and I can deeply appreciate that. One I hope to become someday.

Thank you for the above tree line stoke!!

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: wind_knot on July 24, 2013, 08:56:53 AM
..... on real mountains! .....

Real mountains?  The Appalachians were already taking up the rocking chair when Ma Nature decided to fashion the Rockies.  It is not nice to disrespect your elders. 
The Rockies are wonderful, vastness is grand, and fishing can be spectacular, BUT there ain't nothing like the Appalachians, with its fauna and flora, and plethora of micro niches, and some of its people (rednecks vs branchwater hayseeds, you guys can figure it out).

TB, I like your setup and the photos. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

wind_knot

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 24, 2013, 10:50:48 AM
Quote from: wind_knot on July 24, 2013, 08:56:53 AM
..... on real mountains! .....

Real mountains?  The Appalachians were already taking up the rocking chair when Ma Nature decided to fashion the Rockies.  It is not nice to disrespect your elders. 

They may be older (and as you stated, have more flora and fauna) but they now pale in comparison to my home range (and the Rockies, Tetons and several other ranges) in stature. I will refrain from commenting on the people here as I live in a VERY SHITTY part of the Appalachian chain as far as people go. I am near some really nice areas with nice people, but SWVA is not known for its hospitality to outsiders!! >:D

That being said, I would be hard pressed to move anywhere else in the US.