News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

Dink Fail

Started by AK Aaron, July 21, 2013, 20:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aka

I started out late in the morning today, headed for high country. I was hoping for clear water and a bounty of dinks.

This stream fishes really poorly for me on low water days. It gets gin clear and has a bunch of spooky brookies.

I found it up a bit but in good shape.

[attach=1]

i expected to catch the usual dinks in good quantities but nothing of any size but found a few nice fish.

[attach=2]

[attach=3]

[attach=4]

[attach=5]

[attach=6]

The stream had split three times and I was following an ever smaller trickle and was about at the top when the rain started. It was a good soaker and I just had time to get my rain jacket out of my pack and on before the heavy rain fell. I cut off my fly (used two flies all day, same pattern) and hit the trail out.

[attach=7]

It was a good day for fish.

Dougfish

You got out, and you done good.  'c;  -0-

Woolly Bugger

Beats my busted day

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
ex - I'm not going to live with you through one more fishing season!
me -There's a season?

Pastor explains icons to my son: you know like the fish symbol on the back of cars.
My son: My dad has two fish on his car and they're both trout!

DRIFTS

Them brookies look about eatn size! 'c;
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

benben reincarnated

Nice work.    'c;

That place is spook city.  Quite a bit of flat water and almost always running clear.

Aka

Quote from: DRIFTS on July 22, 2013, 04:15:39 AM
Them brookies look about eatn size! 'c;

I thought that myself a couple of times. Too bad I didn't pack my cast iron skillet in with me.

Ben - Yesterday was the best day I've had up there, mostly due to the higher than average water level. Even still I spooked at least half of the flat pools before I could make a cast. It was strange, the fish were almost all holding in the back 1/4 of the flat pools, and to the left bank, regardless of the current or shadow on the water (must be liberals).

benben reincarnated

Quote from: AK Aaron on July 22, 2013, 11:32:54 AM

Ben - Yesterday was the best day I've had up there, mostly due to the higher than average water level. Even still I spooked at least half of the flat pools before I could make a cast. It was strange, the fish were almost all holding in the back 1/4 of the flat pools, and to the left bank, regardless of the current or shadow on the water (must be liberals).

Fucking liberal brookies.

Brookies are strange like that though.  I've seen them holding in spots I'd never even think I fish would sit and you don't see them until you've basically almost walked in front of them.

Transylwader

I think rainbows are liberal, especially wild ones. Well played Aaron, it's been too long since I have enjoyed the sights and sounds of the tri-county area...

RiverbumCO

My real name is Chad Farthouse.

sanjuanwormhatch

Nice fish and I agree on the tuneage.  I like the looks of that trail too.