News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Cup’s Journey

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, July 21, 2013, 15:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Pretentious Snobby – my old white butt!!!!!

Checkpoint 1:
The Cup was baptized on the Allegheny Front this weekend.  First, there were several drinks consumed from the vessel at the Saturday evening campfire.  Today, a toast from the mug was made to all that is clean, clear, fresh, cool, and liberal at my favorite location on earth, the confluence of Back Creek and Little Back Creek, where I caught my first trout and learned to fly fish.

It is a good cup, and will be sent to another Virginian to use. 

And the thought for the day: Make a plan to shake hands with everyone you meet. 
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Dougfish

0:0
O great one, will we ever fish together again?

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Dougfish on July 21, 2013, 16:17:01 PM
.... will we ever fish together again?

Yes, if you have no problem with me using worms, minnows, and Joe Flies.

I need your mailing address.

Michael Toris

Buffalo Trace eh? Not many have heard of that bourbon. Great call. My office (Kentucky Division of Water) was in the same parking lot as the distillery. In fact, the DOW headquarters is located in the old rack houses. Gift or purchase?

DRIFTS

liken the cup there Mud! looks like it can handle a lot
l><))))))))))))))))),/*>~----------------------dave

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: wildmttrout on July 21, 2013, 22:16:47 PM
Buffalo Trace eh? Not many have heard of that bourbon. Great call. My office (Kentucky Division of Water) was in the same parking lot as the distillery. In fact, the DOW headquarters is located in the old rack houses. Gift or purchase?

The BT was an accidental discovery.  While at the VA ABC months ago to purchase Wild Turkey, I happen to see the label with the buffalo and grabbed a bottle – had no idea of what I was buying.  It was an instant hit for a campfire drink.  Not until I returned to civilization did I search and discover that BT had won several awards.  Now I am hooked on the stuff!

Big J

rbphoto

Mashed up three cherries and dumped the juice into about 4 fingers of BT last night.

Not that it needed it, but since I had both handy . . .

Simply amazing.

"maybe procrastination is another word for fishing..." ben
"Just butchered my first silk kitty...." Wooly Bugger  January 26, 2018, 12:41:27 PM
You can't land an otter on 7x. Now I know - Dougfish

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: rbphoto on July 22, 2013, 07:44:23 AM
Mashed up three cherries and dumped the juice into about 4 fingers of BT last night.

I need to try this; thank you.  Recently I have experienced 2 episodes of the gout in my left big toe.  It is my understanding that alcohol encourages gout and cherries help eradicate it.  So, potential solution = BT + cherry juice.

Michael Toris

Quote from: Mudwall Gatewood on July 22, 2013, 08:46:45 AM
Quote from: rbphoto on July 22, 2013, 07:44:23 AM

I need to try this; thank you.  Recently I have experienced 2 episodes of the gout in my left big toe.  It is my understanding that alcohol encourages gout and cherries help eradicate it.  So, potential solution = BT + cherry juice.

SCIENTIFIC METHOD BITCHES!

Stone-Man

Muddy,

My wife has gout and she buys fresh cherries as often as possible and they flat make the gout go ta hell AWAY  !!!
Cherry juice goes well in a shot of stomp also :D

JT

Dougfish

Stop number 2 on the cup's tour:

Coffee. Everything starts with coffee.

Picking tomaters.

Beer. Sorry, CO beer. (Damn fine though!) The Devils Backbone and other VA brews were dead soldiers.

V&T. Heavy on the V and limes. With fish tacos last night.  :P

That is all. A handoff to one of my cohorts will follow. Hurrah Old Virginny!  0:0

tomato can

man dogfish you ain't got no blight on them tomatoes?  pretty impressive.

Dougfish

Quote from: tomato can on August 14, 2013, 19:37:14 PM
man dogfish you ain't got no blight on them tomatoes?  pretty impressive.
8 grow boxes, dude. No blight. Still a late, rainy, crappy tomato year.