News:

As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Amazon Link

Main Menu

The Cup’s Journey

Started by Mudwall Gatewood, July 21, 2013, 15:49:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Big J

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Was winning a hollow victory over the SC/GA yokels?

For the love of all that is holy, there ain't any mention of any burg in SC or GA.  Now, I am really disappointed in my VA ancestors for following their lead.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/52995/you-ll-never-guess-what-the-smartest-city-in-america-is
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

consumnfire1229

Stop 3:

The first night, we enjoyed some alone time at the bench or a "decaf" cup of joe...I get hear palpitations if I drink too much caffeine.

[attach=1]

Several mornings this mug was with me during my morning rituals...while I threw on my monkey suit...

[attach=2]

We even had some jam sessions together...

[attach=3]

This mug was with me when my wife and I purchase our first house and started some remodeling projects...

[attach=4]

My handle in case you couldn't see it in earlier photos...

[attach=5]

I like this mug, I dread handing it off to the next snobby bastage...

"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Rod Champion

Mudwell , your plan for the day is solid.
I can't believe Bluff City. TN. is not on the list.
My group probably blew the norm...
Rod + Matt Champion
Fly Shop/ Guide Service
Located ON the S. Holston River
423-878-2822

Big J

Doug writes like a kindergartener.

Dougfish

Quote from: Big J on August 30, 2013, 21:31:41 PM

Acts and thinks like one, too.  :-*

consumnfire1229

Quote from: Big J on August 30, 2013, 21:31:41 PM

I was nervous the first time I washed it that he had used a crayola brand marker...
"Thou shalt know thy waters and be wise about those things upon which thy prey doth feed."  4th Commandment of The Eleven Commandments from the Curtis Creek Manifesto

Mudwall Gatewood 3.0

Quote from: Rod Champion on August 30, 2013, 19:55:42 PM
I can't believe Bluff City. TN. is not on the list.
My group probably blew the norm...

No, your group is fine, but you've failed to screen the interlopers.   Bluff City and surrounding area might make the list IF you guys would send Harry S. and his well-heeled buddies back north.  You would think he and his kind with all their cultured, refined book learning would skew towards the smart side, BUT that ain't true.  Native common sense is also part of the equation, and they ain't got any.

Good job Scott on protecting the Mug!
"Enjoy every sandwich."  Warren Zevon

Shane

It's mine now. I'm going to put some real coffee in it

Fin

After a stay at Shane's it was my turn to spend some quality time with the cup.  Not beer or Buffalo Trace for me but I am serious about my coffee.  I've been trying out some specialty roasters lately.
[attachimg=1]

I gave the boss's coffee a taste.  With a name like Boiler Blend I expected an over roasted Starbuckish burnt roast but was pleasantly surprised.  This was good coffee.
[attachimg=2]

Any of you guys that are Facebook friends with Woolly will know what this is about.
One eye art
[attachimg=3]

First trip of 2014.  I brought the cup along.
[attachimg=4]

First fish of 2014.
[attachimg=5]

One more.
[attachimg=6]

I think 2014 is going to be a good year.  Now, where is the cup's next destination?

NCsporksman

good meetin ya today, sick yak, cool cup, awesome beans  y;

sanjuanwormhatch

Dougfish

-0-  That's bringin' it!

Transylwader

Well played Neil. I see you VA lads know how to fish that curmudgeon crick.

Big J